It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2007, 05:17 AM   #1
(female)

cutz HB User
iritis and nystagmus does anyone have these rare eye problems

hi everyone

just wanted to know if anyone has these rare eye problems i have both and m.s. Doctors say the nystagmus is from a lesion but the iritis i had just before the m.s and first in one eye now in both. i'm taking a 1200 mg (don't know if i can say what drug) every 6 hours just so i can work but i'm scared for my liver IS IT GOING TO HOLD UP? please write back! really need to know if someone else has these

thanks cutz

Old 03-23-2007, 05:18 AM   #2
(female)

cutz HB User
Re: iritis and nystagmus does anyone have these rare eye problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by cutz View Post
hi everyone

just wanted to know if anyone has these rare eye problems i have both and m.s. Doctors say the nystagmus is from a lesion but the iritis i had just before the m.s and first in one eye now in both. i'm taking a 1200 mg (don't know if i can say what drug) every 6 hours just so i can work but i'm scared for my liver IS IT GOING TO HOLD UP? please write back! really need to know if someone else has these

thanks cutz

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-23-2007, 09:16 AM   #3
Veteran
(male)

michael178 HB User

Eye problems are very common and not rare at all, especially in the initial and early phases of MS. Usually eye problems subside and only occasionally will they flicker as time goes on.

Old 03-23-2007, 11:35 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Yes,

I have a form of nystagmus called INO which is very common in MS especially early stages.This nystagmus was detected on an evoked potential done at my ent's office.

Old 03-23-2007, 07:39 PM   #5
Veteran
(female)

anxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB Useranxiousme HB User

Yes I have had nystagmus. It lead to my DX. It took about 4 weeks to resolve itself. I didn't have accompanying iritis.

Old 03-23-2007, 08:11 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

sunshine149 HB User

i don't know that i've had irititis but i've defintialy had nystagmus. i take meclazine for nystagmus (dizziness and such) and it helps. a neuro doc i've had once told me that eye symptoms for ms are not a bad prognosis. i don't know. i've been living with ms for 10 years. the most pronouned symptoms i've have to say are optical. don't know if this helps...

Closed Thread