It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-04-2007, 07:07 PM   #1
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Thanks to everyone who offered support traveling

Hello friends. I just wanted to take a minute to say thank you. Many of you corresponded with me a month ago during a crisis I was having about traveling with Rebif and going out of the country. I came back a few days ago and wanted you to know it was successful. Over the past year I have been dx with Progressive MS and it is progressing rapidly. At the time I was dx with Relapsing/Remitting, I had 2 semesters left to go in school. Im an adult student. I graduated in March with my BS degree, and was valedictorian of my class. To celebrate, my husband took me to Mexico for 2 weeks. To say I was nervous about traveling with syringes, and taking shots in a foreign country was an understatement. I was worried about the water, eating the food washed in the water, getting thru customs with syringes, having a relapse out of the country...you name it, I was worried about it. However, many of you encouraged me to go and I did. No one at Customs even looked at my meds, even though I had all the paperwork from my Neuro to explain why I had to carry it with me. I had no problems other than the heat really got to me, and to get around that, I spent hours a day in the pool! When I was "in the sun" I tried to stay in the shade and found that it helped immensely. It was tough relaxing on this vacation the first few days, as I kept expecting the unexpected, however once I gave it a chance, I found that a vacation was exactly what the doctor ordered.
For all of you who are recently diagnosed and scared of the changes I want to say take it day by day. Its amazing, once we get used to being on meds and dealing with every day symtoms what we can do. I never thought I would graduate college let alone graduate top of my class! Now, Im actually in a mental place where I can start thinking about the future again. The very same future that I thought MS would affect, only 6 months ago!
Hugs to you all..and happy, healthy days.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread