It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2007, 06:02 PM   #1
(female)

Katzpurr HB User
Question Is tingling in various areas enough to think its MS??

I have no other symptoms except for tingling in my nose, feet and sometimes hands. Its on both sides and seems to be traveling up my right leg. It's not numb, just like pins and needles/fell asleep feeling.I don't know what it could be and am going to ask for an MRI next week when I go for my checkup. Anyone else have an idea of what the problem could be? I am scared to death! Anyone else with just tingling/pins and needles??
Stacey

Old 04-10-2007, 03:35 AM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

lilc HB User
Re: Is tingling in various areas enough to think its MS??

Stacey, I'm guessing your Dr. won't want to do an MRI if the tingling is your only symptom. They will probably want to look for other, simpler and hopefully cureable causes.
Whatever is causing it, try to relax! Worrying seems to make things worse, it just doesn't do your body good!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-12-2007, 04:33 AM   #3
(male)

JimJx HB User

Hi Stacy,

I am not a doc, but I also have tingling, mostly in my hands. I was diagnosed with MS in June 05 and the tingling has only been pronounced for the last few months. So tingling may be part of MS, but it is not the only thing that can cause it.

MS is not a disease that can be tested for, you test for everything else and if it is all negative, then you get an MS Dx. And an MRI alone does NOT give you an MS diagnoses.

So, at this point, I would say don't spend the time and money on an MRI yet. Trust your doctor's judgement, that is what you are paying for.

Jim

Old 04-12-2007, 08:33 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi there, although every answer posted is right in this case, I wanted to let you know that my MS started with only tingling/burning in ONE hand...I actually woke up one morning thinking I slept on it wrong....3 days later, it was driving me nuts, I figured I should see a doctor. He told me Carpal Tunnel...3 days after that, when I couldnt stand the pain, my husband drove me to the ER...it was there, they did a CT scan, looking for a pinched nerve- that the radiologist referred me to a Neurologist, who ordered an MRI and the rest is history..
No, they cant "test" for MS..however, my very irregular CT and MRI led them to do a spinal tap (which also was irregular with Obands) and then nerve tests, eye tests, etc...10 months later....my hand is still killing me!! BUt, I have been on REbif and have been definately dx with MS and in the past 5 months have not had any more real problems..a few, but nothing compared to the first 4 months!
Good luck..and keep us posted.
Nikki

Old 04-13-2007, 08:16 AM   #5
(female)

pwood24 HB User

Be sure to have your Vitamin B-12 levels checked. Mine were low and my neuro. said that caused the strange sensations and tingling.

Closed Thread