It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2007, 03:37 AM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

jennyVee HB UserjennyVee HB User
Exclamation ASPARTAME- NUTRASWEET/ DIETSODAS Dangerous for MS patients

Hello everyone I wanted to share some info that was passed on to me regarding ASPARTAME, supposively its very dangerous for those who have MS,there are actually many many lawsuits, if you do a search on ASPARTAME LAWSUITS and MS,alot of things will pop up.

This is a serious problem. Dr. Espart remarked that so many people seem to be symptomatic for MS and during his recent visit to a hospice; a nurse stated that six of her friends, who were heavy Diet Coke addicts, had all been diagnosed with MS. This is beyond coincidence! Diet soda is NOT a diet product! It is a chemically altered, multiple SODIUM (salt) and ASPARTAME containing product that actually makes you crave carbohydrates. It is far more likely to make you GAIN weight! These products also contain formaldehyde, which stores in the fat cells, particularly in the hips and thighs. Formaldehyde is an absolute toxin and is used primarily to preserve "tissue specimens." Many products we use every day contain this chemical but we SHOULD NOT store it IN our body!!! I really belive that anyone with MS should stop drinking anything with these artifical sweetners, and see how they feel afterwards, I hope this info helps you all.

Old 04-19-2007, 04:37 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: ASPARTAME- NUTRASWEET/ DIETSODAS Dangerous for MS patients

For every report you see, there is another one stating that this information is bogus. IF we were to believe every single thing you find on the web, we would be in even worst shape than we already are. THere are literally million of snake oil salesmen on the web- everyone has a cure, concern, or quik fix for every disease known to man. Did you know last month on 20-20, there was a story on this actual idea you are printing, stating that this was started by the makers of Sweet and Low, another low calorie substitute, in order to capture the market??
What you printed is very controversial. THe FDA has approved this sugar substitute, the Medical Community has found no reason to attempt to remove it, and in fact still prescribe Nutrisweet and Splenda for Diabetics-

Just a warning to all who read this, be careful what you believe and even more careful of what you DO. If in doubt, consult a trusted medical doctor!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-19-2007, 06:04 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Exclamation Re: ASPARTAME- NUTRASWEET/ DIETSODAS Dangerous for MS patients

Hi, I believe there has to be a certain truth to this info since it is being talked about so much, and there are sooo many lawsuits,I believe i did the right thing by posting the info in case it helps anyone, its worth a try to stop ingesting it to see if you feel better,
I read about a doctor who began to address the relationship of aspartame poisoning to individuals who have been misdiagnosed as having multiple sclerosis (MS). and presented case histories of individuals who were diagnosed as having MS though, upon abstaining from aspartame, found that their symptoms disappeared. How is this possible? First, it important to realize that when the temperature of aspartame exceeds 86 degrees F., the wood alcohol in aspartame coverts to formaldehyde and then to formic acid, which in turn causes metabolic acidosis. (Formic acid is the poison found in the sting of fire ants). As methanol toxicity mimics multiple sclerosis, some people have been diagnosed with having multiple sclerosis in error. Though multiple sclerosis is not a death sentence, methanol toxicity is. (This has been found to be especially prevalent among Diet Coke and Diet Pepsi drinkers, especially in those who drink three or more 12 oz. cans per day.) I really hope this info helps MS sufferers.

Old 04-19-2007, 06:35 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

zandvoort HB User

My doctors believe it. They had me stay away form aspertame for 1 month to see if my neuro symptoms disapeared. I was not a heavy user but I eliminated it. The symptoms didn't go away.

Old 04-19-2007, 09:20 AM   #5
(female)

gib70 HB User

I don't see the big deal about the posting. I'm an adult and if I choose to believe what I see in print or not to believe then that's all on me. Anyone who outright believes everything they read or see is only harming themselves. It's on each individual person to do their own research and come to their own conclusions.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:28 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

dgibson
I think your absolutely right, its really our choice to decide what is best for us and our health... If the info helps one person for me that is enough of a reason for me to post it.

Last edited by jennyVee; 04-19-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Old 04-19-2007, 10:55 AM   #7
(male)

steerpike HB User

Also keep in mind the FDA isn't the best measure to go by, seeing as they've recently approved the most powerful human antibiotics for use on FARM ANIMALS!

In terms of snake-oil and snake-oil salesmen, there are many, many freely distributed scientific studies and journals in the public domain. Patients should read them before making up their mind on any treatment-- pushed by doctors, herbalist, or otherwise. Secondary sources tend to put a spin on things, mainstream or not.

Closed Thread