It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2007, 11:36 AM   #1
(female)

lmw510 HB User
ms and pms

Does any ones MS get worse when PMS starts? Mine is about a week before my cycle and than through my cycle. Does this get better after menopause? Are the MS symptoms better or worse or do they level out after menopause?
(My story on my MS is on the title diagnosed with ms 9-06)
would it be better to get a hyst. done?

Last edited by lmw510; 07-20-2007 at 04:16 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 12:18 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: ms and pms

anytime your hormones change, MS changes with it. For some, it gets worse already PMS time..most people are more affected when they actually GET their period...as for menopause, yes it gets worse, while going thru it, and levels off as the hormones level off.
THere are lots of studies being done as we speak about Estriol, the female hormone and MS- nothing conclusive has been announced.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-20-2007, 01:26 PM   #3
(male)

alittletired HB User

My MS definitely gets worse when my wife PMS's

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

I think it is true that MS is harder on the ones that love you.

Chris

Old 07-20-2007, 01:32 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Yes,my symptoms seem to get wonky with PMS,especially the fatigue.But here lately everything is off due to steroids.

Geez Nikki you mean to tell us that when we hit menopause we are all gonna be wonky with symptoms.

Chris,

I enjoy your sense of humor!!!!
We must have that to get through the days with this disease.

Old 07-27-2007, 10:12 AM   #5
(female)

jlmason HB User

I know I'm jumping in late here but I'd forgotten about these boards and just now found them again.

Anyway, are you on depression meds? I am on wellbutrin and was complaining of worsening syptoms during the week before my cycle. The doctor felt my problem was really with the depression meds as they don't work as well during that time. So my gyn put me on seasonale (only 1 period every 3 months) so at least it limits the time that my wellbutrin isn't working.

Old 07-27-2007, 12:04 PM   #6
(female)

lmw510 HB User
Unhappy Re: ms and pms

I am not on any depression meds. But just started my cycle yest. evening and last night and this morning I hurt and ache all over really bad headache, almost like a migraine, and I can barely walk and my foot is dragging alot. I am wondering if having a hyst would be the answer. I can't do any birth control pills or anything of that sort because I have chronic high blood pressure. Just don't know what to do!:

Old 07-27-2007, 02:56 PM   #7
Veteran
(female)

bella67 HB User

I learned something really interesting from my Gyne. She said your immune system is at it's lowest point right before and during your cycle. Have you ever noticed the bad luck of getting a cold right around the time when you have it? This happens to be a few times a year. But I have a ton of female probs including endo, adhesions, and ovarian cysts. So, right now I'm currently in alot of pain.

Closed Thread