It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-17-2007, 11:20 AM   #1
(female)

KTMorra HB User
Every Bone & Muscle in my body aches

I hate to be a whiner but this is getting insane.

I'm 47 I feel 74, From my neck down to my ankles just plain ache. It hit me about 3 days ago and nothing is touching it. It just feels like the wind is out of my sails and I can't seem to accomplish much of anything that I want to do. Between the achy burning feeling in my arms and legs to the straight up pain in my neck and back I'm going nuts. I went to see my pain management MD today and she said that she is hearing this a lot from the MS patients that she sees lately. It's got to be the heat.
I went to work yesterday, my mind however managed to stay home in bed, or so it seemed. Nothing I tried to accomplish got done right the first time, not good seeing that I work as a secretary in an ER. Not to brag but usually I am excellent at my job which requires handling many many multi-tasking situations. But after yesterdays fiasco I decided to take a mental health day today. The stress of screwing up was just too much to repeat 2 days in a row. I do feel guilty for not going in today but its probably best for them that I am not there. Even writing this post I have had to hit spell check 4 times! and I'm sure I still misspelled something. I hate feeling like an idiot, especially an idiot in pain.
Any words of encouragement or ideas to get over this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
KT ( think thats how I spell my name )

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-17-2007, 12:44 PM   #2
(female)

Hanksmom123 HB User
Re: Every Bone & Muscle in my body aches

Hi! I had this feeling in my legs last month. I laid in bed for about 3 days straight, it was boring but felt good all at the same time. Ice packs helped and it took about 4 weeks for the tiredness to leave them. My nero did a nerve test on them and saw me twice. He just said it is this awful heat and to rest them as much as possible. He promised once the heat broke we would all be feeling much better. He said all his MS patients have been calling in complaining about fatigue and such. I can't wait for FALL!!!!!!

Old 08-17-2007, 02:47 PM   #3
(female)

ShelleyTab HB User
Re: Every Bone & Muscle in my body aches

KT,

Sorry you arent feeling well. I got what your describing about a week after my last steroid treatment. It would come and go, but it was pretty awful. It was a "bone deep" ache I couldn't shake, radiating from the top of my neck all the way down my legs, and sometimes it would feel like my insides were being crushed or twisted. I don't know if it's the same as what your feeling? Anyway, my neuro put me back on a second round of steroids and then another week of pill step down. It definately helped. I don't know if it was because of the first round of steroids, or the heat (was mid July). Cold baths really helped though, and the steroids seemed to help after the 2nd day on them. Sleep helped return some of my mental capasity, which at the time seemed empty. I slept an average of 12 hours a night, plus a 2 hour nap when I got out of work.

I get it once in a while now, and usually as soon as the ache comes on I put myself in bed and try to sleep. If I can get to sleep, I feel better when I wake up.

I never take time out of work - not even during my last relapse when I was on all sorts of meds and home nursing. But I did have to take a day out last week because the aching pain hit, with full loss of mental capacity, and a sudden headache and fatigue. A 6 hour nap and I was good to go again though.

Don't know if this helps any, but wishing you the best!
-Shell

Closed Thread