It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2007, 09:59 AM   #1
(female)

shaywood HB User
Headaches on one side of head that come and go????

Hi everyone, I have been having these terrible headaches for the last couple of months that come one week and go the next. I never know when they are going to sneak up on me. My main symptoms have always been on the right side of my body like numbness, tingling, and burning sensations in my head. Now I get these headaches on the right side of my head. They will last for a few days and then they will go away. Some of my freinds say oh they are just tension headaches, and i say yeah right i have had many tension headaches and they always hurt at the back of my head and both side of my neck. These headaches are totally different. Does anyone else have these headaches on one side of your head and are they really migrains??????

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-18-2007, 02:36 PM   #2
(female)

dogs5 HB User
Re: Headaches on one side of head that come and go????

I also suffer from headaches that come without any notice ,mine feel like my heads on fire the only relief i get is by putting a ice pack on my head for some reason i feel like it helps me.I get the tingling and the numbness my last really bad bout was 3wks ago and the numbness lasted 2hrs followed by sickness and complete fatigue i slept on and off almost 48hrs .I read that MS suffers do suffer from migraines but whether yours is or not i really don`t know.I have headaches that sound very much like yours and i just try to keep myself calm as much as anyone can and keep a clear trouble free mind as much as possible .I just had to write to say you aren`t alone **dogs5**

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-19-2007, 05:20 AM   #3
Veteran
(female)

kimpossible67 HB User

I suffer a lot of the time with headaches. In fact, I just got over one that lasted about two weeks. Granted, I'm going through serious stress but it's been this way for a long time. I get "outta nowhere" stabbing sensations in one side of my brain that about put me on the floor, then they are gone just like that. None of my meds work on the headaches and either does Aleve. Best of luck and no, you aren't alone.

Old 08-19-2007, 07:28 AM   #4
(female)

shaywood HB User

Thanks for the replys well i just think that it is weird to just keep having these headaches on the right side of my head. it starts at the right front and travels down the back of my right side of the head. I havent had any headaches for the last couple of weeks(knock on wood lol) So i am kinda expecting to have one anytime now. oh this sucks!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 08-20-2007, 06:24 AM   #5
(female)

mnewhall HB User

hi shaywood

i too suffer from headaches and they are usually one sided (left). i can pinpoint that mine start with back-left side of my neck and travel up over my head and land in my left eye. usually my left jaw joint is affected to. when really bad, i have nausea, light and sound sensitivity.

my treatment of choice is taking my Flexeril for the muscle tightness in the back of the neck and 2 Excedrin with an icepack alternating between my neck and my left eye and forehead and laying down for a while. i've been blessed that this regimen helps me.

hope you feel better soon - nothing worse than a headache.

god bless,
michelle

Old 08-21-2007, 02:48 AM   #6
(male)

PghGuy00 HB User

Hi Fellow PAer,
Headaches were what sent me to my PCP, and after eating Maxalt like candy, to the MRI where lesions were first found. Your headaches sound like mine.

Old 08-21-2007, 07:16 AM   #7
(female)

shaywood HB User

Hey you are not far from where i am. these headaches just started a couple of months ago. So are your headaches what they consider migraine's? If so does migraine meds help you?

Old 08-21-2007, 10:11 AM   #8
(male)

PghGuy00 HB User

Oh yeah? I live in the city. Where ya from?

Maxalt works great for me with the migraines. I become a human being again!!! LOL

Old 08-22-2007, 08:05 AM   #9
(female)

shaywood HB User

Well my doc also gave me maxalt, but I have not had to take them yet. I tried the imitrex but my headache seemed to get worse and within a half an hour my joints got stiff and sore, so i wont take imitrex again. I am south of you pgh!

Old 08-23-2007, 05:49 AM   #10
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

I get the headaches too, shannon I go to a chiropractor cause my neck and spine get out of wack, so he adjusts them,, Tiff and I's cousin Tara does massages and that works wonders too, u should get one from her,, they are only 40 bucks for an hour and sooooooooooo worth it, and when I have a really bad headache she massages it away! if u want her number let me know, I'll get it to u.

Old 08-23-2007, 07:45 AM   #11
(female)

shaywood HB User

Hi natalie, yeah i thought about getting a massage. I actually got my dad a gift certificate to go to tara but he hasnt went yet. I havent had one of those headaches in a couple of weeks. Thank GOD!!! So how have you been doing????

Old 08-23-2007, 10:43 AM   #12
(male)

PghGuy00 HB User

Hey Nat, Long time no see!!, Hope you are doing well!!

Old 08-24-2007, 05:48 AM   #13
(female)

shaywood HB User

Hey you know natalie? wow its a small world huh! lol!!

Old 08-24-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

PGHGuy and I met on here,, someday we will all have to meet in person and have lunch or something,,,, I am doing ok been having the headaches this week,, I think because the Tysabri is wearing offf, I go for my next one on Wednesday,, I can't wait! I see Dr Cotugno on tuesday,, at his new office in waynesburg and I go to his office in washington for the Tysabri like I said on Wed,, Kayla is starting college Monday,, we had to go today for the orientation and all that jazz and it was so very very hot and miserable but I made it!

Old 08-24-2007, 06:54 PM   #15
(female)

shaywood HB User

Natalie,Yeah lunch would be nice huh! You are on the Tysabri? Dr. C gave me a paper on it and said to research and and to really think about it, but i dont think that i could do it. I go to see him on thurs in wbg. It is so nice to only drive 10 min instead of 30 min to wash. Do you get tremors? I got my first one a couple of weaks ago just in my right leg for about 1/2 an hour and then i started to get them in my right hand here and there. Then this morning after comeing in out of the heat i started to get tremors in my right leg again but only lasted about 1/2 an hour again. so i have a lot of different things recently to talk to the doc about. So how is the Tysabri working for you?

Closed Thread