It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2007, 06:30 AM   #1
(female)

shaywood HB User
26 and am having night sweats? anyone else?

I am 26 and am having night sweats. I went to my pcp before about this and they did a blood workup and it all came back fine. I am on Avonex, neurontin, and prozac. It is driving me crazy. I never get a good nights sleep because i wake up freezing cause of these night sweats. Does anyone else have this problem. Is it stress that can cause this or my meds?? It seams like they do come and go some nights i wont have them and some i will. I seem to be dreaming a lot but cant remember my dreams when i am really awake. I dont think it is normal for a 26 yr old to have night sweats. Does anyone think this is due to my ms, meds, stress, or should i be conserned about something else???

Old 08-21-2007, 08:09 AM   #2
(female)

mcbraylor HB User
Smile Re: 26 and am having night sweats? anyone else?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaywood View Post
I am 26 and am having night sweats. I went to my pcp before about this and they did a blood workup and it all came back fine. I am on Avonex, neurontin, and prozac. It is driving me crazy. I never get a good nights sleep because i wake up freezing cause of these night sweats. Does anyone else have this problem. Is it stress that can cause this or my meds?? It seams like they do come and go some nights i wont have them and some i will. I seem to be dreaming a lot but cant remember my dreams when i am really awake. I dont think it is normal for a 26 yr old to have night sweats. Does anyone think this is due to my ms, meds, stress, or should i be conserned about something else???
Hi...I am a71 and have MS. I have night sweats..only because I do not really sweat much, it ends up being a burning sensation. I wake up a lot feeling really hot and then later I am really cold. Dr. roy Swank a long time MS researcher says that is part of MS. MS does affect the hormone balance, so who knows...

Brandee

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2007, 12:13 PM   #3
(female)

dogs5 HB User
Re: 26 and am having night sweats? anyone else?

I have been having really bad night sweats so bad that i`ve had to change all my nightclothes several times each night,A friend of mine who has MS recommended so soy milk as she to used to sweat at night and this seemed to help her so i thought what i have i got to lose and tried it and it`s worked for me i have 2 glasses of soy milk from the fridge and i`m on my fourth sweat free night .I`m 35yrs and have been having nightsweats since i was in my early 20`s i know how it feels.It may not work for everyone but thank god it`s worked for me.*****goodluck***

Old 08-22-2007, 06:56 AM   #4
(female)

shaywood HB User

So ms can cause nightsweats. My neuro left me a message yesterday saying that he didnt think it was my meds that it just could be from the ms, and he wanted me to come in and talk to him so i go next week we will see(maybe i will try that soy milk) I just hope i get an explanation of why it is happening and if it is causing any other damage to my body. If ms messes with your hormones then does that mean that it messes with the ability to become pregnant??

Old 08-22-2007, 12:19 PM   #5
(female)

alleemae HB User

Hi. After reading these replies, I'm happy to find that night sweats are normal for MSers! I've been dx'd for 20 years and have had this problem off and on. I'm 46 now and was thinking perimenopause, but no other symptoms of that one. (I was dx'd when I was 26 yrs. old).

Laura

Old 08-23-2007, 04:44 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

When I was 27 I was going through menopause so my dr put me on high estrogen pills,,, I hate taking them,, but she won't let me come off them,, I very rarely have periods anymore, and lately I have been waking up in the night sweating like crazy, so I figure I am going thriugh the menopause even on those dumb pills,,, my mom was finished by the time she was 40,, I am 37 now. I haven't slept through the night now for like 2 yrs,,, I would so just love to have one night I could sleep all night without getting up!

Old 08-23-2007, 06:48 AM   #7
(female)

shaywood HB User

So i am confused, i never knew that ms itself could cause night sweats. So does the ms mess with your hormones? Is the ms just giving me night sweats or is it causing me to go through menopause early?

Old 08-23-2007, 11:55 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

hey me too !!!! I get them all the time, And i thought it was my doona being thrown all over me. by hubby.. lol... Guess i cant go accusing him anymore..

Old 08-24-2007, 01:10 AM   #9
(male)

ezee HB User

I have yet to receive a dx for MS, but have nearly the entire list of MS symptoms. I do have Pernicious Anemia, which is nearly the same list of symptoms.
The sweats for me is less regular now, but I did notice that when I tried anti-depressants for my pain, I got them much more frequently, and much more severe. I ceased the anti-depressant and the night sweats became much less frequent. I can't drink soy milk, just don't like the flavor, same thing as brussel sprouts to me So I offer this as another possibility.

Old 08-24-2007, 04:46 AM   #10
(female)

shaywood HB User

I asked my doctor about my meds causing this and he says that what i am on should not cause this. well i guess i will see when i go to my appt.

Closed Thread