It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 PM   #1
(female)

lmw510 HB User
Unhappy mercury and fillings?

Has any one had fillings removed because of the mercury? I had a blood test done and if I am reading this right it says any thing less then 10 is normal and mine is a 4. Which after doing some research I found out that really .2 and below is where it should be so I am thinking that 4 is kind of high? I don't know. I am wondering if any one else has had theirs checked and if this is anything to worry about?

Old 08-29-2007, 05:05 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: mercury and fillings?

This subject comes up over and over again. There is nothing to show that mercury fillings and MS are connected. For more infor, try searching on the serach box at the top--use the word FILLINGS and search on healthboards. IT will take you months to get thru the posts on this. Many people have had them removed, because they felt it was the right thing to do, however theres no evidence at all that replacing them with white ones does anything more than give you a nicer smile!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-29-2007, 02:08 PM   #3
(female)

moore170 HB User

This issue is controversial...there is no evidence that it improves your MS if you have them replaced but in my mind mercury is not good for you no matter what.
As you can probably tell, I had my fillings replaced with composite ones about 15 years ago. Did it help? Who knows but it sure didn't hurt.
Candy

Old 08-29-2007, 04:47 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I would have to agree that mercury isnt good for you no matter what. But Candy is right..the subject is so controversial, its really a personal decision and also a financial one! Not many insurances will replace the fillings if it is elective...
Nikki

Old 08-29-2007, 07:31 PM   #5
(female)

moore170 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
I would have to agree that mercury isnt good for you no matter what. But Candy is right..the subject is so controversial, its really a personal decision and also a financial one! Not many insurances will replace the fillings if it is elective...
Nikki
If my insurance hadn't paid I do not know if I would have had it done. My dentist said the fillings were old enough that they should be replaced anyway - that is why it was covered. Now if I need fillings they always use composite and it has always been covered.
Candy

Old 08-29-2007, 08:56 PM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

I agree about the fillings. I DO think they're not good for you but I don't think I'd run out and get them all removed if it's not covered by insurance.
However, if your mercury level is high, maybe there is a problem there -- it doesn't necessarily have to be caused by fillings. Even fish can be a culprit.

I don't know anything about the scale you spoke of but if you have it confirmed that it IS high, I believe there are detox programs for mercury. If you investigate the scale and any remedies, I'd be very interested to know what you learn.

Closed Thread