It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-11-2007, 05:16 AM   #1
(female)

shaywood HB User
Question Cold chills on one side of my head????

Hi everyone! I have these cold chills that come and go on one side of my head at a time. I will sometimes just get them on the left side and then sometimes i get them on my right side. Do any of you have this same feeling?? It just feels so weird.

Old 09-11-2007, 05:44 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Cold chills on one side of my head????

No cold chills on the head, but left or right side of other parts of my body. Compromised nerves impact the body's "thermostat". Is it weird? Yeah, it is still weird to me too!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-11-2007, 09:05 AM   #3
(female)

MS for life HB User

By cold chills, does it kind of feel like your head is temporarily filled up with extra air, and then you get a chill through your body from it? I get this frequently, however I have not been diagnosed, but it's one of those things that comes and goes, and not often enough to remember to say something to the doctor.

My other one is when you feel like your whole body is wracked with pins and needles. I've had it happen when I have to stop quick with the car and always felt it was a reactionary thing, but it happened while I was sleeping and woke me up last week, so now I'm wondering. Don't mean to change the subject, but I was bringing it up because when you are not really diagnosed with something you start to realize other symptoms you've been ignoring and wondering if they mean something more.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:16 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MS for life View Post
My other one is when you feel like your whole body is wracked with pins and needles. I've had it happen when I have to stop quick with the car and always felt it was a reactionary thing, but it happened while I was sleeping and woke me up last week, so now I'm wondering. Don't mean to change the subject, but I was bringing it up because when you are not really diagnosed with something you start to realize other symptoms you've been ignoring and wondering if they mean something more.
It is important to try to remember everything that has been causing you problems. It makes for a more efficient and productive meeting with your Dr. In 1982 my single symptom was things dropping out of my hands. I was heading for flight school and so the single symptom worried me.

When the pins and needles awaken me at night, it is usually because my legs were touching. I place a sheet or cloth between my legs or sometimes a pillow. This has helped me a lot.

Old 09-11-2007, 10:24 AM   #5
(male)

mitch512u HB User

Prior to being dx'd one of the symptoms I experienced was that my body felt as though it was cold on one side(right) and warm on the other(left). That lasted about a week. In fact, my girlfriend coined a term for it: 'Mini-Wheats' (You know, the cereal thats frosted only on one side.) We, my girlfriend and I, have decided that one of the ways we will deal with this disease is by using our sense of humor and I for one find it very useful.
Going to my quartely review for the CombiRx trial this Thursday, wish me luck....thanks, I knew I could count on all of you Mitch

Old 09-12-2007, 05:32 AM   #6
(female)

shaywood HB User

I mean like you know how you get cold chills and then the goosebumps come up. Well I feel that sensation in my head. I have also only had goosebumps raise up in one little spot on my leg with a chilling sensation. It is all so weird, and it is hard for me to find someone who understands my friends and family are like oh yeah but they dont know what it feels like to have every little minute of your day to be interrupted by these feelings and pain.

Old 09-12-2007, 05:50 AM   #7
Veteran
(female)

Natatude HB User

i don't get that on my head,,, but I get it in my right leg and my butt! We had a new furnace with central air installed last year and I made my hubby leave the ventless gas heater, because my butt gets so cold and my leg I gotta fire that baby up, for like 2 minutes to warm up. and I do that at least twice a night. He says I am weird,,, I say yep I know me and the MS!

Old 09-14-2007, 05:27 AM   #8
(female)

shaywood HB User

Natalie what ms meds were you on before you started the tysabri? I have been on avonex for almost two years and i am having alot of trouble with headaches and leg pain and now some tremors so dr. c wanted me to get an mri last week even though i wasnt due until dec. I havent got the results back yet. I go to see him next month so i am just curious if he is going to switch my meds or not. He had mentioned before all of this other trouble about tysabri but he didnt think i needed a change at that time but now i have all of this new stuff for like the past 4 months. So do you think so far the tysabri is working better for you??

Closed Thread