It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2007, 03:45 PM   #1
(female)

twink65 HB User
How common is another Spinal headache after a blood patch ?

I cant believe this is happening. I felt good yesterday the day after my blood patch, I had no headache. So I did laundry, and a few things, not a whole lot but then today I started with another headache. Im so paranoid its another spinal headache I have heard of some people needing two blood patches. PLEASE NO !!!! any advise? has anyone had to have more then one?

thanks, Twink

Last edited by Administrator; 09-16-2007 at 04:51 PM. Reason: no one is obligated to reply: do not post comments about other boards.

Old 09-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: How common is another Spinal headache after a blood patch ?

Twink, I would call the ER where you had the blood patch done. I have not heard of anyone needing more than one blood patch, but Im sure it is possible; in the meantime, make sure you dont need to be given an anti-coagulant or something to make sure this holds....blood patches, and spinal taps arent something you want to mess with. If you cant reach your doctor, call the ER and see what they say.
Hope you feel better!
N

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-16-2007, 04:25 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I would lie down and get some caffeine. You may have been up too much.

Old 09-17-2007, 03:54 AM   #4
Veteran
(female)

kimpossible67 HB User

I had to have 2 blood patches. My close friend with PPMS had to have two as well. I agree that you should call the ER and check. It isn't fun, I'm really sorry for you

Old 09-17-2007, 06:59 AM   #5
(female)

Barbbelle HB User

Hi! I had one blood patch, felt great, went home and headache came back after getting up and doing a few things. The next day, went back to ER and they sent me home, telling me to drink a 2 liter Coke. I did that, drinking the Coke over a few hrs time, rested and gradually felt better. No headache by that evening. Guess I may have been dehydrated? Hope you get relief soon!!!! Barb

Closed Thread