It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-20-2007, 03:16 AM   #1
(female)

janito HB User
Question A question guys....

Ive been reading away at your posts and ive a question... It seams to me that you guys get attacks, that last maybe 10 days 3 days whatever, I am in limboland and nobody knows whats with me but some of my symptoms never go away and then every now and again i get something else which may then subside for a while. I can't see any kind of pattern. My tingling/ buzzing is always there for instance and the heavy feeling and the face twitching, 2 weeks ago my muscels in my legs were jumping which has now subsided but now ive more of this electric shock feeling and more fatigue...? Maybe im barking up the the wrong tree with this ms thing? Your thought would be appreciated
Take care of your beautiful selves Janito

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 05:19 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: A question guys....

Hi Janito. Because no two cases of MS are ever the same theres no way to know if you are barking up the wrong tree...
For instance, Ive had MS for a year now. (at least Ive been dx for a year). My original symtoms, the burning, tingling in my left hand and fingers have NEVER gone away...however, in the last year, Ive had several cases of optical neuritis, which have totally cleared up (with steroids), Ive had intermittent balance and bladder issues, they come and go...Ive had shoulder pain and back pain, and leg spasms...all of which are intermittent, lasting anywhere from a day to a week...but in between, Im fine!
Theres no way to know with this disease, you just have to try to ignore any symptom which isnt paralyzing...and deal with the rest...mind over matter has alot to do with this disease....the more you can ignore something, the faster you stop being bothered by it.
I hope you have a good day today and a great week coming up.
Hugs
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-20-2007, 05:56 AM   #3
(female)

NCLynn HB User

Hi Janito,

This is my second bout with these symptoms in the past 3-1/2 years. I am not yet diagnosed either, but this time around I have had the symptoms for the past 6 months with some better days and some worse. I have had more new symptoms over the past month, but have had some the whole 6 months.

I have found if anyone on this board knows what they're talking about (not meaning that the others don't, because they do too), it's Nikki!

Hang in there. I totally understand about being in "limboland"...it's no fun! I have another MRI tomorrow and as dumb as it may sound, I'm hoping to be able to finally get a diagnosis from it!

I hope you have a wonderful and blessed day!

Hugs,

Lynn

Old 09-20-2007, 07:10 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by janito View Post
Ive been reading away at your posts and ive a question... It seams to me that you guys get attacks, that last maybe 10 days 3 days whatever, I am in limboland and nobody knows whats with me but some of my symptoms never go away and then every now and again i get something else which may then subside for a while. I can't see any kind of pattern. My tingling/ buzzing is always there for instance and the heavy feeling and the face twitching, 2 weeks ago my muscels in my legs were jumping which has now subsided but now ive more of this electric shock feeling and more fatigue...? Maybe im barking up the the wrong tree with this ms thing? Your thought would be appreciated
Take care of your beautiful selves Janito
My first two years of MS were unrelenting and then the symptoms disappeared for nearly 20 years. You will not be able to see a pattern because you are uniquely you. What you might be able to ascertain are triggers. If you can avoid triggers, you might be able to have a nicer "pattern". Avoid heat, hot showers/baths (especially upper spine and head), avoid fatigue, avoid stress. You appear to have a lot of stress due to the fact that you do not yet have a diagnosis. This was stressful to me. After 25 years, it is a distant memory as many blessed memories have replaced it.

Old 09-20-2007, 01:09 PM   #5
(female)

Avenue Q HB User

My two cents. Yes, we are certainly all very different. When I first found this board I thought now I might finally find someone that I might finally beable to relate with. And for a very short time I had exchanged information with a (Sharon Grace) I think was her name, for a short time in April '05' maybe 5 or 6 posts...and she never seen her on the board again... that I'm aware of but I wish her the best and hope she had good results from that '05' appt.. I new she was seeing her doctors that April, and just wanted her to know about the pirformis muscle and how it can minic sciatica. Piriformis Syndrome its something that fines its way to a drs desk that often.(almost never)..isn't most often sciatic pain..The question I had posted was 'Who was dealing with sciatic pain'?. I have had MS for the past 32 years... and to this day I don't experience any 'MS flare ups' or attacks like I read on the board everday is the very same...I never had any vision problems, fatigue, (numbness... aside the time of my mom's passing that the stress caused me numbness and that's what they attributed to my onset of MS, and that's what I was told years later) but never did I have a clue something was wrong. Besides that I never dealth with any tingling in any part of my body/limbs, never had a balance problem even though I had a priformis injury hurting like hell for ten long years (which was caused by a chiropractic adjustment that went totally wrong) so my situation is to difficult and long to explain. The pain in my buttocks/ down my leg was never treated correctly since it had been labeled sciatic leg pain since the chiro days...I think what they thought was helping was only aggravating my injury all along.
But I only wanted you all to understand that other factors can also interfere with your life's health and might not be just ms related. Hell!...I'm still trying to figure out what went wrong.....especially when there were't any MS symptoms ever present like I read many unfortunately deal with here.

What I really wanted to ask ...I know yada, yada....anyone really please since my ordeal with doctors and piriformis injury wasn't 'testbook' everyday injury.Being a dr. had caused my injury to the piriformis muscle. That wasn't bad enough... once I seen a pain management dr. for this unrelenting buttocks/L- leg pain after ten very long years of suffering ,a series of 6 injections one shot weekly began for the next 6 weeks And in the end they had caused me a baffling amount of swelling in various parts of my body and with that...I believe I was (blackballed 'legal jardon' is the word I'm told use) And since I've been having a very difficult time with doctors believing what caused this swelling and other skin problems...which I never had either before the injections. But records of my complaints were not kept by my previous PCP nor the pain management dr....and my pcp labeled me as combated to my insurance company..... why, because I wanted answers to what had occurred, and I wanting it known that he was non- compliant (sp) what I mean to say is he refused to admit, my complaints were justafiable, and never told other doctors what went wrong either...so I was on my own. and being my complaint were negative to his likings, he choose to make me look like a liar, or wacko. Sorry guys but thanks for letting me vent a little...yikes! a little 'NOT'.
But my question please anyone...how long does a previous pcp hold on to his patients records. I was told 9 years? any guess? Since I have written my previous doctor asking for my medical records and with know response as yet.... and its been a month and two week since he should have received my letter. I thought he could at least call or write giving some fedback to my letter. But I know how he plays his game...I think he's waiting for me to call my insurance company and say something. Anyone have anything to share...what I should do I would appreciate any feed back.
Sorry everyone for complaining..I know this isn't that kind of forum to vent a problem other then whats MS related.

Thanks everyone.... please don't be angry that I posted this piece AND TO THINK I JUST ADDED MY TWO CENTS..... A PENNY FOR YOUR THOUGHTS LOL. Be kind now

Closed Thread