It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #1
(female)

Avenue Q HB User
Today's Neil Cauvto Show...MS

Today's show Neil is having Mitt Rodney's wife on , talking about her MS.I never new she had MS before. 4 o'clock Eastern time

Old 10-01-2007, 03:45 PM   #2
(female)

hotflash HB User
Re: Today's Neil Cauvto Show...MS

Hello!

Neil Cavuto has ms also. He was talking about his mri's one day and said that they were so bad the dr told him he should'nt be walking or talking.

hotflash

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-01-2007, 04:54 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Maybe its me, but I watched the show today, and I was dissappointed. It wasnt very informative, and it seemed to be more of a push on Mitch Ronmey then a real show having to do with MS....
Its nice that Ann Romney shows the American Public that MS isnt devastating, but from what little she did say, I am under the impression she has the mildest case of MS known...either that, or she just didnt want to discuss it. Either way, she portrayed MS as being something that doesnt truly affect us in any significant way. I have to argue that THAT isnt exactly true. Neil Cavuto didnt put alot of input into this particular segment, but he did at least seem amazed that Ann is keeping up the schedule she is keeping! At least he seemed to understand the importantance of prioritizing, resting and taking care of oneself.....

Did anyone else get this feeling? Maybe it was just me...I just was alittle dissappointed that MS wasnt portrayed as a more important factor, and instead seemed like a small inconvience.
N

Old 10-02-2007, 10:47 AM   #4
(female)

Avenue Q HB User

Hotflash, and Nik...Flash, I new Neil had MS....sometimes when he's out for a day or to I say to my hubby, I wonder if he's have treatments of some kind. Because have you ever noticed that his face at times appears a little puffy. when he return back to the show, or????????? " maybe it's just my imagination'.

But getting back to Neil's talk with Ann R..I would agree with you 100% I was very disappointed myself. Especially that I posted wanting everyone to watch the show....and it ended up being a bigdud.

Niki, my first impression of her was that Ann, was either in the very beginning of her dx's. Or she was like myself in the beginning I was symptom free......although she did say fatigue was and issue for her and she needed to make the time to rest in between their live appearence. I didn't even have that problem myself. So she may have to deal with a few things.... their just unrecognizable visually. or like you said a very mild case. And that's 'VERY POSSIBLE I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE'.

For me seeing her appear heathy....it really didn't come as a surprise at all to me. Since I looked like the picture of health on the outside also and yet MS was lurking within me all that time...But then again I was symptom free, if that makes any sense to you but it's was true.. Not everyones MS hits them like a ton of bricks. Some are very fortunate...like I was with my onset.....'but eventally it's at your door'. So not knowing how long Ann R., has had MS we can only spectulate.

And as far as her portraying of MS as a devasting disease. I really didn't see that.....I guess I was fooled it wasn't foMS at all it was only a platform for votes. Now! Neil, should have elarberated when the subject of MS was bought up. But instead he choose not to ...maybe put her on the spot, or maybe didn't have the time or, she was really only there for the votes. I guess the show was only for political purposes and not so much on the subject of MS, like I THOUGHT, I WAS MISLEAD. And that was totally wrong because it was on Fridays show, that 'Neil ended the show with saying Mitch Ronmeys, wife Ann, talks about her MS on Monday'. My only thought was the main subject would have been MS as the main discussion, knowing Neil himself has MS .

Oh well guys thanks for letting me know at least 2 people watch the show....sorry guys for crying wolf.... and turning out being a dud.

nj

Old 10-02-2007, 11:28 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

kimpossible67 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avenue Q View Post
Hotflash, and Nik...Flash, I new Neil had MS....sometimes when he's out for a day or to I say to my hubby, I wonder if he's have treatments of some kind. Because have you ever noticed that his face at times appears a little puffy. when he return back to the show, or????????? " maybe it's just my imagination'.

But getting back to Neil's talk with Ann R..I would agree with you 100% I was very disappointed myself. Especially that I posted wanting everyone to watch the show....and it ended up being a bigdud.

Niki, my first impression of her was that Ann, was either in the very beginning of her dx's. Or she was like myself in the beginning I was symptom free......although she did say fatigue was and issue for her and she needed to make the time to rest in between their live appearence. I didn't even have that problem myself. So she may have to deal with a few things.... their just unrecognizable visually. or like you said a very mild case. And that's 'VERY

POSSIBLE I KNOW FROM EXPERIENCE'.

I read some about her back awhile ago and she was dx'd in '98. She is a member of New England chapter of the MS society.

She fell not to long ago at something for her husband. I didn't see the show but thought I would add what I do know.

For me seeing her appear heathy....it really didn't come as a surprise at all to me. Since I looked like the picture of health on the outside also and yet MS was lurking within me all that time...But then again I was symptom free, if that makes any sense to you but it's was true.. Not everyones MS hits them like a ton of bricks. Some are very fortunate...like I was with my onset.....'but eventally it's at your door'. So not knowing how long Ann R., has had MS we can only spectulate.

And as far as her portraying of MS as a devasting disease. I really didn't see that.....I guess I was fooled it wasn't foMS at all it was only a platform for votes. Now! Neil, should have elarberated when the subject of MS was bought up. But instead he choose not to ...maybe put her on the spot, or maybe didn't have the time or, she was really only there for the votes. I guess the show was only for political purposes and not so much on the subject of MS, like I THOUGHT, I WAS MISLEAD. And that was totally wrong because it was on Fridays show, that 'Neil ended the show with saying Mitch Ronmeys, wife Ann, talks about her MS on Monday'. My only thought was the main subject would have been MS as the main discussion, knowing Neil himself has MS .

Oh well guys thanks for letting me know at least 2 people watch the show....sorry guys for crying wolf.... and turning out being a dud.

nj

Old 10-02-2007, 01:15 PM   #6
(female)

Avenue Q HB User

Hi Kim...67, Well I guess that makes you the fourth person that watched the Cauvto Show. I really never heard anything of Ann R., even. having MS...never read or heard a tad of news of it. But thanks for your input. I'm guessing you were as disappointed as all.
nj

Old 10-02-2007, 04:38 PM   #7
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

hey Avenue Q.
FYI, if you want to know more about Ann Romney, you can check out her husbands website..there is a link to her in it, which gives her Bio...she has had MS for almost ten years.....the bio goes on to talk about her support of MS and healthcare in general, but still doesnt give much info such as any meds she is on or anything interesting..
It was still good to see a person with MS go public about her disease, even if she downplayed it- at least she admitted to having it, which in the long run helps all of us to prove that MS doesnt stop us from doing anything at all!
Hugs
N

Old 10-02-2007, 05:46 PM   #8
(female)

hotflash HB User

Hi Avenue Q

I think sometimes he has treatments done, since I think he looks a little pink when he comes back. I did not watch the show but it sounds like neil should have talked with her more about how both of them are doing. It sounds like it was a move for her husbands campain. Don't feel like a dud, when someone says someone is going to talk about their health problems that's what you expect to hear.

hotflash

Closed Thread