It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-18-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Falling sensation

Hi

So I have this "new" sensation and I was wondering if anyone on this board has ever felt like this?

The vertigo that started all of this weird "neuro" type stuff settled down a couple of months ago. I have been left with the odd episode of feeling like I am about to have another vertigo attack but it never comes.

So the new sensation I have had the last two days has been feeling like I am about to fall down the stairs whenever I am at the top of the stairs. It is really hard to explain. I am not really dizzy but I feel as if I am about to loose control and just fall down the stairs. I don't think it is muscular...it seems to be in my head or eyes.

In the past I have actually tipped over or lost my balance when I have been standing and watching fast movement on the tv.

FYI test results so far says my "vertigo" is not inner ear related.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 05:24 PM   #2
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User
Re: Falling sensation

HI Lynxgal,
I have had vertigo in the past, lasted about a week and responded to medication, but only recently (this summer) in the extreme heat experienced that sensation of fearing falling at the top of a staircase. I just attributed it to being worn out and overheated. My vision was blurry (that symptom comes and goes as the temperatures rises and falls,) and I think my confidence was low as I was worried about my vision. I haven't fallen on stairs yet, but faithfully watch for and use handrails on staircases. Take care of yourself, slow down when you need to, and enjoy the beautiful cooler weather and foliage! Isn't October great!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-18-2007, 05:31 PM   #3
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Hi Pens'nChalk,

Glad you were able to finds meds that worked for u. The drs tried a couple of meds with me but neither touched the vertigo they just made it worse. I had severe vertigo for approx 4 weeks followed by mild vertigo for about 2 months and since then the feeling like I am about to have an attack every once and a while.

This new thing is weird...I have been grabbing on to the railings like a mad woman for two days. I wonder if it is residual effects of the vertigo I had.

Fall is my favourite time of the year! I can just image how pretty it is where u are now!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:17 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I have had the same problem since 2002. I cannot go up a ladder or even look up to change a bulb without getting the "falling" sensation. On the stairs, if I need stairs, I sometimes close my eyes. I walk-up the stairs balanced with my service dog. He places himself in front of me and it helps alleviate the sensation.

Old 10-19-2007, 03:35 AM   #5
(female)

janito HB User

Hi guys, how are you all ?

I get that falling sensation when looking up, like changing a lightbulb, and the stairs thing i just put it down to mild vertigo, its not like im dizzy i kinda thought it was my eyes, balance issue, it is hard to discribe your right lynxgal LOL

Take care of your beautiful selves
j.x.x

Old 10-19-2007, 05:38 AM   #6
(female)

whatsgoinon HB User

I'm still in the diagnosis process, but I totally understand what you mean. I've had that same feeling on stairs and sometimes just on a curb. I also get a weird feeling that I'm falling when I'm lying down in bed fully awake. Odd...

Old 10-19-2007, 05:45 AM   #7
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Thank you for the replys everyone. I will add it to the list of weird things to bring up with my Neuro on the 30th.

Hope everyone has a great day.

Closed Thread