It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 08:10 AM   #1
(male)

austinexs HB User
Time frame of symptoms?

Hi Everyone,

This is my first post. I'm glad to have found this forum.

I was dx with MS early last year after more than a year and a half of going CRAZY and 3 MRI's. My question is how long does the average symptom last? My current neurologist said that all the symptoms last longer than mine does....more like weeks she said. I have been fine one morning and by the end of the day my legs are hurting, I'm dizzy and just tired. Sometimes I have numbness in my fingers and hand on my right side. Never have had it in my face though. The numbness sometimes sticks around for a day or so. I can go home and rest a little while and most of my symptoms go away. This is not the original neurologist who dx me. My original neurologist went to Iraqi in mid 06' so I have been stuck with my current one since then.
Thanks for any help anyone can offer me.

Austin

Last edited by austinexs; 11-20-2007 at 08:11 AM.

Old 11-20-2007, 08:25 AM   #2
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User
Thumbs up Re: Time frame of symptoms?

Hi!

As is typical with MS, it seems to vary. Not only person to person but episode to episode. Please take care of yourself through it all - rest and relax as best you can and get a Dr. that you trust to keep up on the meds. They can be your best friend (the meds, not necessarily the Dr.).

I hope this helps.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-20-2007, 09:15 AM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User
Re: Time frame of symptoms?

I agree that it's a good idea to have a doctor who's on top of MS, including medications available, even though I'm not on them. Personal choice.

In terms of sx, it's true that what is "normal" for one person may not be normal for others! Unfortunately, anything goes!

Old 11-20-2007, 11:25 AM   #4
(male)

austinexs HB User
Re: Time frame of symptoms?

Thanks for the support! I'm really new to all this and I know that from what I have read that it really does vary from person to person. I have to find another doctor though, someone who understands me.

Thanks again.

Last edited by austinexs; 11-20-2007 at 11:26 AM.

Closed Thread