It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-20-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

twink65 HB User
Ok I need "motivational" slogan Ideas from everyone !

Hi Everybody

The much anticipated day that I start my shots is just a few day's away. I am a very visual learner, being a former dance teacher a lot of the ways I motivated my students were with slogans, and sayings written on the walls and other places to give them confidence and a drive to become better.

So here's the thing. I need something to look at each day on my mirror to motivate myself that by accepting treatment, accepting that I have to give myself a stinking shot every day the rest of my life. So I am ordering some vinyl lettering to stick on my mirror to remind myself daily.

The one I found was: "Today I choose to take control of my future" what do you think? does anyone have any good ideas, or slogans that you have found or read that has really helped you carry on?

would appreciate your thoughts

Twink....

Old 11-21-2007, 03:29 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Ok I need "motivational" slogan Ideas from everyone !

Hi Twink. I think its great that you are using this method to keep you motivated. I kind of live by one saying....

"this too, will pass".

With MS, it seems that each day brings a new surprise. Some days are basically normal, but others are a series of aches, pains and frustration! I tend to tell myself "this too will pass" at least 10 times a week! As a person who started shots a year ago, I never thought it would get easy, but let me tell you, I now do it and forget it. I can do it in a car if I need to, and have!

You will do fine. Youve got the right attitude! Let us know how you do...and good luck with the vinyl...
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2007, 04:08 AM   #3
Inactive
(female)

tuckersmom HB User

Twink...I like your slogan, there is great truth in it! I have posted many sayings around my house, all are faith based. I started that back in the beginning of this journey and have just left them up. They are simple ones like the one my mother-in-law gave me says "I am with you, love God". There are several others that remind me there is NOTHING I can't walk through. I don't know if this would be motivational but it works for me.

Nik is right... your attitude is awesome and while there may be bumpy days ahead... you are already much stronger than you know.

Lisa

Old 11-21-2007, 11:12 AM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I use: "MS isn't fatal, it just slows you down"

I also remind myself that even on my worst days, there are others in this world who would gladly exchange their situation for mine. I also remember my former boss in Japan. As he was dying of cancer, he told me, "This pain is nothing when compared to the pain Christ endured when He was crucified."

Part of the MS condition has led me to a position where my sensitivity is greatly increased. I see this as a blessing and I pray that I will have a heart like Jesus and that I would be moved as Jesus is moved.

Maybe you need 52 slogans! One a week.
One of my favorites translated from Japanese: "Even Monkeys fall from trees...." It means, essentially, anyone can make a mistake. Often times we blame our condition on something we must have done wrong. Maybe a better one: Nana-korobi ya-oki (Fall down seven times, get up eight.

LOL, of course, as per "Galaxy Quest" the movie: NEVER GIVE UP, NEVER SURRENDER!

PPMS may be a burden I carry now, but God has richly blessed me. I know He will bless you too!

Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #5
(female)

jlbrow7 HB User

"If it wasn't this it would be something else"

Old 11-21-2007, 11:18 AM   #6
(female)

Hanksmom123 HB User

There is an article on the internet right now about a lady with MS that did Kevin Bacon's challenge of six degrees of seperation. She raised over 18,000 for her MS chapter and then Kevin matched 10,000. She has now gone on to create a clothing line with the phrase "Perfect Health" on the t's and sweatshirts. She said even though she had MS she has to act as if she was in perfect health to keep her family going.

That might be a great slogan for your mirror. I smile when I read it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 11-21-2007, 02:06 PM   #7
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User

Hello Twink,
I live by Mother Teresa's "I can do no great things, only small things, with great love." It keeps me focused on the important things in life, the people I love, and the things I'm able to do.
I read a new one that I'm adding to my mantra: I found it in the first chapter of a book by Rabbi Harold Kushner. The book's title is How Good do We Have To Be? and he quotes psychologist Carl Rogers as having said "I am not perfect. But I am enough."
On this Thanksgiving Eve, let's be grateful for what we can do - and let's do it with love, and know that it's enough. Peace to you.

Old 12-06-2007, 06:38 PM   #8
(male)

cjcom HB User

I found a poster online entitled "Motivation"-it reads as follows:

If a pretty poster and a cute saying are all it takes to motivate you, you probably have a very easy job. The kind robots will be doing soon.

True, lasting motivation comes from within. I have MS and tomorrow night I will take my 112th dose of Avonex and have the flu for the 112th consecutive week. I don't like the shots-primarilly because I know how I will feel for 12-16 hours afterwards. I had another MRI recently and despite having experienced a new and distinct exascerbation during the past 6 months, I have no new lessions during the past two years since starting Avonex therapy. Avonex therapy appears to be working for me. So, while i hate it I will endure it. My motivation stems from a desire to do what can be done to proactively contend with this disease. Do what works for you but just know that you are stronger than you may realize. Hang in there.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:06 AM   #9
(female)

thereseg79 HB User

How about:

"Push pass the pain, because life goes on"

does that sound motiviational? I just made it up. I'm always telling myself just push pass the pain because things need to get done.

Old 12-07-2007, 11:36 AM   #10
(female)

cliftonlady HB User

I have 2 that I like to use:

"Well, at least it isn't cancer"

and

"I am in control as long a I don't give up"

Old 12-07-2007, 04:26 PM   #11
(female)

Sue56 HB User

Hi Twink!

I lueove what you are doing!

I've descirbed my life since being diagnosed with MS as a rollar coaster ... sometimes up, sometimes down ... but when it's down, I know it will soon be up :-)

Sue

Old 12-08-2007, 10:10 AM   #12
(female)

kozzleme HB User

Iwear a crusifix and a mustard seed enclosed in glass
and I remember---those nails must havebeen REAL pain
and I will never plant that seed to make MS a big deal --my family and friends need to remember that MS is only a small part of me
that is why I like this group I can complain and moan AND FIND SOME REALLY GOOD ADVICE
persever good luck

Old 12-09-2007, 12:35 PM   #13
(female)

moore170 HB User

Four of my favorites-

"The best deterrence to discrimination is excellence."

"There's hope. It doesn't cost a thing to smile, you don't have to pay to laugh - you better thank God for that."

"What lies before you and what lies behind you are tiny matters compared to what lies within you"

"If it weren't for change there would be no butterflies"

Closed Thread