It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2007, 10:38 AM   #1
(female)

tawnyjade HB User
Do you have periods of time that you feel "normal" again?

So...every so often I feel like the "old" me. Pretty cool, but it doesnt last. Soemtimes I even go a week or more with just "normal" tiredness, etc.
It seems like my brain goes into the old way of thinking and reacting, and I really can't even remember how bad I feel most of the time at the time when I am feeling well.
Strange.
I'm wondering if anyone else does this?

Last edited by tawnyjade; 11-30-2007 at 10:38 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2007, 01:39 PM   #2
(male)

mitch512u HB User
Re: Do you have periods of time that you feel "normal" again?

tawnyjade,
Oh yeah. There were stretches over the last two years (I was dx'd 25 months ago) where I often wondered if I had been misdiagnosed. I felt pretty normal most of the time. That's if you exclude the hot summer months. All doubts of having been mis-dx'd are now gone as I am in day three of IV steroids as I have had a relapse that started about three weeks ago. Tried a round of oral steroids but that didn't seem to do it. Oh well.

Yeah, I can say for the most part that I have long periods, weeks at a time where, if not for the 8 injections a week I take, I would feel fine.

Mitch

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2007, 05:19 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Tawnyjade. You now understand the entire Remitting/ Relapsing part of having MS! Thats basically the meaning of the term...it comes and goes. And in between you feel fine. I have those days too, but unfortuantely because of the stress level of my job and my life, Im having them less and less. Im still trying to learn how to balance everything. This week, has been especially bad at work, and Im having symtoms which I never had before. I dont feel good at all, and I am exhuasted. But, I also booked a vacation for March this week, and knowing that is coming is my "glimmer of hope".

Youre not alone in your having good and bad days. Be grateful for the good ones, because they dont last long enough. Having MS makes us really appreciate the smaller things in life...and you know what? By appreciating the good days, sometimes the bad ones just dont seem as bad.

Hugs,
Nikki

Old 11-30-2007, 06:25 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Before PPMS, I often had normal periods between flare-ups, and then I enjoyed a long-term remission where I really was blessed. There is no break with PPMS, but I am still blessed!

Old 12-01-2007, 04:24 AM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi everyone.
I too have been feeling so good that for a week or so, i forgot i had Ms.. Until today that is. Took my girls shopping, last minute xmas gifts. I came home and slept for two & a half hours. Feeling so weak today my legs are sizzling with tingles.
Crazy season is upon us. Gotta remember to get rest when we can. Balancing a little me time is becoming so impotant. Cant ait for boxing day.. 26 Dec we go away for a week.
Tawnyjade i think most of us go through this as well.
Hope you get through this bump.. Healthy days to us all.

Old 12-01-2007, 06:54 AM   #6
(male)

PghGuy00 HB User

I have to admit, I do feel like a normal human most of the time. But there are those times when. GRRRRRR, it comes at you and reminds you that "I havent gone away"

Old 12-01-2007, 07:01 AM   #7
(female)

tawnyjade HB User

Thank you all for the replies and the hugs.
So I guess I was hoping that it meant that if I could feel well sometimes, that maybe my health issues would be blaimed on somethins more "fixable".
I have been dx with Fibromyalgia and ME/CFS, but pain and fatigue, although major symptoms, are not all that is going on.
I don't see the neuologist for almost 2 more weeks, but don't know what else could be happening with me if not MS. Anything I should be sure to ask him?
Nikki-funny you should say "glimmer of hope". I had something stange happen yesterday. I had little tiny bright silver sparkles, or glimmers all around in my vision for a few seconds. Although it was frightening, it was very beautiful. I thought, "how wonderful if I could turn this on when I wanted". It was kinda cool and trippy and very lovely.
Happy, healthy December to all!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:18 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

tawny, I think that sometimes you just have to "go with it" if you know what I mean. Don't overthink it -- doesn't it feel great even just to NOT think about "it"?

Hope you have a great two weeks and productive appt. with your neuro. Let us know how it goes!

Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 AM   #9
(female)

tawnyjade HB User

Thank you! You always say such wise things! You are obviously a very wise woman who shares her very positive outlook!
I like that!
Tawny

Old 12-01-2007, 09:40 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Aw, you're welcome tawny! I LOVE feeling normal and the MOST "normal" I feel is when I'm not thinking about having MS! At the very least, I had tingling, muscle twitching/pulsing and a few other intermittent weird things for 12 months before I was dxed, maybe more. Regardless of whether it was good or not that I didn't think anything too much of it at the time (didn't go to the doctor), I lived my life normally and psychologically, I WAS fine! I reflected on this very thing this morning. I don't want to spend each day wondering if or what kind of MS thing is going to happen, just LIVE! I don't achieve that successfully every day but I sure appreciate it when I do!

Last edited by Bearygood; 12-01-2007 at 09:49 AM.

Closed Thread