It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2008, 07:22 AM   #1
(female)

cyprian1 HB User
Wink New here

hello - good a.m. to everyone .. i am writing in lower case , finger curl and cramps ... well, i just wanted to introduce myself ...

my screenname is cyprian1 .. ugh .. awkward moment .. i have been dx'd going on 7 yrs. now .. pretty sure i am relapsing-remittting , just from what info i have gleened from here .. i have had 1 relapse that i am aware of .. july of 2005 .. and have either gained a few new "tricks" , lol , or have retained some older only a little worse ..

i live in NM now going on 2 yrs., and will be going back to florida , hopefully before next winter (that's what i said last winter, lol) ....

hey, i am still walking, with a cane , and will be going back to the neuro for a special talk .. new testing, new techniques, meds etc ... i was also dx'd w/fibromyalgia , but now i am not so sure about that ... so a much needed education is what i am in need of ...

learning new info everyday, and having learned to accept the hand i was dealt, kinda thought , hey it's gonna be okay ! til the relapse .. i am doing okay, but definately need to get re-educated about MS .. my info is from 5-6 yrs ago ? lol ,,,

oh well, you see you can learn something new everyday, and i like that ... i also have depression from yrs. ago .. so i will get weepy or grouchy .. and i hope this can be the start of something good ...

i didn't see a welcome board , and i read the rules and tried contacting the mods, since my skilss are not the best ... maybe y'all can steer me or guide me and fill me in on how this works , as i would have to re-read the rules over .. lol

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-07-2008, 09:38 AM   #2
(female)

sassy8 HB User
Smile Re: New here

Welcome to this site. You've had ms for sometime. Are you on any ms medications? I was diagnosed with ms in 2007, but have had symtoms for about 3 to 4 years. Just keep reading the posts on this site and you will learn alot and get the support that you need. Ask any questions that you have. Usually on the top of the posts it says moderator I think that you just click on those. Look forward to learning more about you. Sassy

Old 01-07-2008, 10:24 AM   #3
(female)

cyprian1 HB User
Re: New here

thank you for the welcome , yes , i have had it for a bit .. lol .. and i have a lot of catching up to do ..

i currently take for secondary symptoms, the only pain reliever is Ultram ER and a bunch of anti-depressents and anxiety meds .. at that time rebif was new and i tried it for about 6 months and it started to leave injection site nodules .. yucky lumps .. so my neuro and i have decided that maybe avonex or avonex im (?) .. so much new and am glad i am here , between what i learn and what i read i feel better about not knowing and dumb for not following along all these years .. ttyl and thanks sassy8 , cute handle ...

Old 01-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

duttin HB Userduttin HB User

Welcome To Our Forum.

I'm Wriying In Large Caps Do To Optical Neuritis Effecting My Vision.

I Was Original Diagnosed In 1998 And Rediagnosed In Dec.2006.

Currently On Rebif,i Had A Time Period Where I Had The Little Lumps ,but They Soon Passed.

Keep Asking Questions Many Will Answer.

Your Doing Great For Having Only One Relapse.

I Have Spms.

Welcome.

T

Old 01-07-2008, 03:46 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

april1848 HB User

Welcome, Cyprian.

It's impressive that you've had MS for that long with few relapses, and no meds. I think that's great.

The people here are awesome. I've been diagnosed since September and the kind folks here really help me a lot.

I've been on Avonex for almost two months. There definitely is a lot to learn about MS and the treatments. Ask any questions here.

I'm on ultram for pain too. I have a chronic stabbing, burning hot-poker like feeling in my upper back. IV steroids made it go away for awhile, but it's back. I've been suffering from depression for almost a year now, and since it's also a side effect of Avonex (maybe all interferons, not sure) I think it's time I started an antidepressant. I've been on them before. Anyway, welcome!

Old 01-07-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Welcome to the board. I have PPMS and have had MS for 25 years now. I have been med-free for 25 years.

Old 01-07-2008, 05:19 PM   #7
(female)

cyprian1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
Welcome to the board. I have PPMS and have had MS for 25 years now. I have been med-free for 25 years.
hello to all - i am sure that what works well for some but not all , i try to saty as med-free as possible .. and as for doing well, yeh , i am doing okay .. it is awful weather here now, but just shoveled a path to my jeep and front walk and for my puppies, since my dachsy hates the snow ... lol ..

how do you do it all thses years jayhawk ? here i am thinking with all the changes my body and mind have gone thru that i must be missing something ? maybe i am not , eh ?
and you have PPMS , is that not primary progressive ? how are you med-free ? your choice ? do you walk ?

i was always under the impression that of all the MS "types" , that PPMS is the worst ? i think that is great ..

i am sure i will ache tomorrow, but if you don't dig out as quickly as possible the snow can easily become ice and if our temps stay in the low 30's or even 20's i wouldn't be able to walk the dogs .. lol .. cane in one hand , "mush" dog pulling me down the path , should have bought some snow shoes ? lol as long as i dug out a path he will goo out , the other is a beagle and this is her weather ... lol .. April 1848 , i do plan to discuss if it really necessary to have to take any shots, as i have only the one major relapse under my belt , i am just scared of taking too many meds .. but anti-depressents are for a long term illness and the MS only exaggerates it .. so meds for that for sure .. i still get weepy and sometimes grouchy , but i am alone , and my puppies give me a break .. lol

duttin - SPMS = Secondary Primary MS ? see i am not up on all the terminology .. and i appreciate your comment , i do try to keep up , as in happy, it is not easy, but i try .. outlook is everything , looking for a miracle ? just for today that i get thru the day ... easier to takeit one day at a time .. and believe me i have my issues i deal with daily .. but if things need to get done , i have only me and i have learned that is who i can depend on , for now, one day i will be back south and there i will have my few friends , who care about me ..

this was sort of a sabbatical .. as i was newly divorced , and had never lived alone , so i isolated myself, and found me .. ??? make sense ? lol ...thanks , i spend limited time on here as i have trouble focusing and remembering .. so i will chime in if i feel i can help .. i have learned much in 7 yrs. , especially about breathing, relaxing and stretching ... keeps me going ... peace , cyp1

Old 01-07-2008, 06:39 PM   #8
(female)

lynxgal HB User
Wink Re: New here

Hi Cyp,

Nice to see you here. Keep warm and dry! Have a cup of hot chocolate on me!

Old 01-07-2008, 06:44 PM   #9
(female)

cyprian1 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynxgal View Post
Hi Cyp,

Nice to see you here. Keep warm and dry! Have a cup of hot chocolate on me!
omg .. hi .. cannot believe you found me .. lol .. i have been trying to stay up to date with peoplelikeme , i have sevral places like here i visit, finding new and more info before i see the neuro .. Happy New Year lynxgal, and i am having hot cocoa as we speak .. you know me that well .. lol .. cyp1

Old 01-07-2008, 06:51 PM   #10
(female)

lynxgal HB User

Happy new year to u too! This the first site I visited when all this stuff started to happen with me....you can read my past post my clicking on my name and search for more posts by me if you like. You will like this site. The people here are very helpful and knowledgable.

Old 01-07-2008, 10:53 PM   #11
(male)

alex74 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by duttin View Post
Welcome To Our Forum.

I'm Wriying In Large Caps Do To Optical Neuritis Effecting My Vision.

I Was Original Diagnosed In 1998 And Rediagnosed In Dec.2006.

Currently On Rebif,i Had A Time Period Where I Had The Little Lumps ,but They Soon Passed.

Keep Asking Questions Many Will Answer.

Your Doing Great For Having Only One Relapse.

I Have Spms.

Welcome.

T
Hi Duttin

I have had a first flare-up in 97 , nothing for 9 years and several relapses since 2006 affecting my vision and also my left arm and leg (tremors and numbness). I am wondering whether I have also moved from rrms to spms. Do you have any idea how I can know that from your experience? I have felt many small relapses in the past 12 months (vision in January 07, arm and toes in June 07, arms symptoms in September, abnormal warm effects in January 08...) and I feel it is kind of oingoing. I have been finally diagnosed for RRMS last November and put on Rebif. Thanks for your feedback.

alex

Last edited by alex74; 01-07-2008 at 10:54 PM.

Closed Thread