It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-01-2008, 04:12 AM   #1
(male)

jayaaron78 HB User
numbness in right leg and foot cold

my right leg has a pain in the middle and my foot is cold this started about three days ago. help me

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2008, 08:24 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: numbness in right leg and foot cold

jayaaron, thats not enough info for any of us to help you. This is the first time it started? Youve never had any symtoms before?
This could be nothing more than a pinched nerve- have you done some exercises lately where you could have injured yourself? Also, this can be just a random thing- nothing to get worked up about at this time.
However, on the off chance that this is a neurological issue- you might want to consult your primary doctor and ask them if they think an MRI is in order..
Without having more info on you, your symtoms and your general health- its pretty hard to offer much more advice.
BUt, I hope you feel better soon...and dont panic, nothing there to panic about.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-01-2008, 08:31 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayaaron78 View Post
my right leg has a pain in the middle and my foot is cold this started about three days ago. help me
If you have MS, the numbness is a symptom, but if you have never been diagnosed, then ditto to the neurological concerns. IF the foot is not neurological, you may also need to check for any circulatory problems. Poor circulation can sometimes mimic neurological concerns.

Old 03-01-2008, 11:39 PM   #4
(female)

brandam HB User
Unhappy Re: numbness in right leg and foot cold

To: Jayaaron78, I am a newbie here and I recently posted my health problem under pinched nerves because basically that's what I've been told up to this point with my condition. There is not enough information that u give to actually to be able to compare apples to oranges, but I can tell u if u don't go get it checked out soon it may become worse. You really need to be examined by a doctor. I am having similiar problems with my feet, and it first started when I lifted My deceased Mother without a wheelchair, I had to lift her straight up to a standing position, she had cancer, and didn't have the strength to get up to go to the bathroom., then my pain escalated went to a chiropractor thinking that they would help it, no avail. I worked for 2 months after that taking care of my Stepdad who also died with cancer after my Mother., I then helped work on the house to fix it up, I painted, lifted way to much heavy stuff, Sanded, spackled, everything, u name it and I did it, well guess what I'm paying for it now. When all was finally said and done and I tryed to get back to my regular life at home, I started realizing that my feet were getting so cold I could not keep them warm at all!!, it is very uncomfortable, I started to experience extreme numbness and radiating pain down into both feet at this point, the left side being worse...since I'm left handed. My hands were so sore I use to wake up hardly being able to open them, they still swell up and do the numbing thing off and on as well. But the feet and my lower back have been extremely painful. Sitting is hard, standing is really hard, Walking to far-Forget about it!!!, I am not a stranger to pain, but this is really painful, My worse fear is having to end up in a wheelchair..., they still haven't figured out exactly what my problem is, but I do know I have multiple spinal issues, and apparently one of the herniated discs is pinching on a nerve root., so Im assuming thats where the pain is coming from thats going into my calfs and feet. I swell up pretty bad, my skin changes colors, feels like Im walking on rocks on my left foot, the pain gets so intense that I can barely walk. I hate the cold now on my feet, even the ceiling fan air is quite annoying., but eventually Im hoping they can fix me or at least get my pain under control. I'm now on Morphine 30 mg. 2x a day, kepro, and baclofen, for the spasm's and the jumping I also experience in legs. I wish u luck and hope you get yourself checked out soon, let me know how it goes.....God Bless...I know where your coming from trust me....hang in there.

Old 03-05-2008, 03:50 AM   #5
(male)

micky b HB User

hi
yes i have a problem with numbness and cold feet very often it comes and goes. i have cold feet now whilst typing this
regards micky b

Closed Thread