It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-26-2008, 07:17 PM   #1
(female)

topsy123 HB User
Foot Cramp!!!!!!!!!

Hi All,
Does anybody get cramps in their foot?....I get little twinges, like I need to stretch my foot out, but tonight was the worst. I was sitting comfortably, when suddenly, I had the most excrutiating pain in the arch of my foot and the side up to my ankle. It really was SO painfull, it took my breath away. Ever since that happened tonight, the pain has gone, but my foot has this sort of pins/needles, dull ache, feels like I have a dead weight attached to it. Im not trying to be pathetic but my god it hurt. Has anyone else had this?
Have undergone ALOT of tests recently, clear MRI, Positive O bands in CSF. BAEP test, that wasnt very comfortable. Had pads attached to my head, wich were attched to a machine, then had to roll my trousers up, to attach more pads on my calfs, then they pressed a small bar like thing into my ankle. They turned the machine up so I could feel electric shocks going through my foot. This in turn would make my foot twitch. Well my right leg wasnt to uncomfortable but my left left was really a problem. They turned up the machine and I could feel the electrical pulses, but my toes wouldnt twitch or move, so they kept turning it up until they did. Eventually my toes moved, after she pressed it in really tight and turned it up really high. When I left the hospital, my looked such a mess, I looked like I had stuck my finger in a live socket!!!.........
Not sure what this test was for, and what they are looking for, can anyone help me with that one?
Recently, I have undergone so many tests to rule out lymes, every STD and Tropical disease known to man, they have all come back negative, so that is reassuring. They did a Vasculitis screen and said that was clear too. So tell me, why is it, I get these terrible cramps in my foot, why is it, I can walk around, or potter around the house on good day with no problem, BUT when I go out, if I walk for anymore than about ten mins, Im in trouble. My head cant cope, it gets dizzy and foggy, my legs get heavy and slower and slower, I feel like the ground is moving beneath me and cant judge my steps, its quite frightening. I sometimes shuffle along or take small steps, to try and control my legs. Iv had my eyes checked and they are fine, but I feel like i will pass out if i carry on. Its like my whole body goes into shut down and thats if I walk to far!!!!!!!!!!!!!.............I do get it on bad days too, even without walking anywhere, but it ALWAYS happens if I walk to far, then end up getting stuck.
Should I be asking my neuro to run another vascular test or is this normal in MS?.........

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-26-2008, 07:50 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Foot Cramp!!!!!!!!!

It would appear that you had evoked potential testing done when you had pads attached to your scalp. This is to test to determine whether the lesions are affecting your nerves.

As to the foot cramps, when my foot cramps occur, I massage my soles and increase my calcium intake. Accupressure has worked for me.

Old 03-28-2008, 05:58 AM   #3
(female)

dawnies HB User
Re: Foot Cramp!!!!!!!!!

Hi i have been dx.ed for 5 years now with rrms and now and again i used to get cramp in my feet but just lately its happening more and more often and lasting longer so far i have,nt found anything that helps. I will be seeing my neurologist in a few weeks and i think i will ask while i am there if anyone has any ideas i would be really grateful.

Closed Thread