It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-27-2008, 02:17 PM   #1
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User
Here's a new one today..

Woke up after 8 hours of excellent sleep, feeling pretty good! Cheek pain dull on the right side, as always. Everything felt pretty good in the body.

Around 3 pm my time, burning pain in both sides of my face, under my eyes to my top row of gums. By 5 pm, it was fading. At 6 pm, it's virtually gone.

The pain was so intense (the burning) it was making my eyes hard to keep open. No fever. Odd

I guess MS can do this? Just randomly toss something out there that may be gone in a few hours, but could last a few days or perhaps months?

Old 04-27-2008, 05:56 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Here's a new one today..

It is difficult to know for sure. Usually the problem persists for 24 hours or more, but sometimes the problem is there, but we do not notice it. My right eye pain will often subside after I use accupressure or a cold compress, but it is still there. You might not have noticed the symptoms until they peaked. I remember seeing my neurologist and having her tell me that my face was experiencing numbness and nerve damage. I had not noticed and I never knew when it had started.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2008, 06:17 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

I seem to have 'moving' pain, if that makes sense?

The cheek where it had been hurting isn't anymore... now it's under both eyes, and it's back again this evening. I can't get a break!

Old 04-27-2008, 06:25 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

My pain will start behind my right eye and then radiate towards the top and then back of my head. Sometimes we get used to the pain or our pain threshold increases. This can often seem like moving pain.

Old 04-27-2008, 06:30 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

I still like to think of my MS as a furry little being that crawls around and takes up home in random places at will...

... maybe more like a porcupine .

Old 04-29-2008, 10:27 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Well, this facial burning was coming and going, but to note, my right ear and neck was in pain still, so I went to the clinic today, and wouldn't you know it? I have an infection in my ear canal. So now I had ear drops to try and clear it up.

The doctor I saw tugged on my ear, and wow pain. LOL. He asked me if I was a fan of the Qtips. Ok, so I used to go through a bunch of Qtips weekly. Not a good idea!

Old 04-30-2008, 10:53 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Gee i used to get ear infections all the time to the point of having them syringed cause i'd block them up. My doc said to stay quite away from them. So now i listen

... I have also stopped using them on my kids..
No more ear infections... Hmm i remember the pain ouch..

Old 05-01-2008, 06:34 AM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

The pain so far today is a lot better. I think I got enough of the drops in both doses yesterday to kick 50% of the infection in the butt. Let's hope.

Old 05-02-2008, 05:45 AM   #9
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

I'm glad yr feeling better.

Make sure you go back to the doctors to make sure everything has cleared up properly. You don't wanna go through that again.

Old 05-02-2008, 06:14 AM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Thanks Glamour girl. I'm going to the doctor's Monday, so I'll definitely have her check things out, but it does seem that it's getting a lot better (no intolerable pain in the ear/neck now).

Closed Thread