It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2008, 07:39 PM   #1
(female)

Canadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB User
Just wanted to introduce myself

Hi all,

I recognize some of the names here, from other boards I frequent. Hi to those I know, and don't.

I have had MS since at least 1991, but probably dating back to the late 70's. I guess that makes me sound really old , but I am really ONLY 48. Ok, I'm old.

I am still RRMS, but things weren't looking too good about 3 yrs ago. I was still having relapses, but I was accumulating disability quickly over a two year period. They were debating on reclassifying me as SPMS, but I have improved and leveled off since being on LDN, since May/05. I am thankful for that.

I do a lot of research on MS, and have been for many years. I don't chit-chat much on the forums, because my goal is really to learn and pass on any knowledge I might have. I hope I can contribute to this forum in a way that is helpful.

Nice to meet (see) y'all.

PS. Please excuse any typo's, I'm bad at doing spellcheck.

Cherie

Old 06-03-2008, 07:45 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Just wanted to introduce myself

Welcome! I have MS since 1982 and probably since 14 or 15 years old. I am 45 (in August), so 48 is not old! Knowledge is power, learn what you can, share it and pass it on.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-03-2008, 07:49 PM   #3
Senior Veteran
(female)

Bearygood HB UserBearygood HB User

Welcome, Cherie! I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be an asset to this board. I already learned something from you about the vertigo medication! I'd never heard of it before Nenu mentioned it and I didn't know it was compounded here in the U.S. I hope I never have to apply the knowledge but I'm glad to know it just the same.

Old 06-04-2008, 03:41 AM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Welcome to the family over here!

Old 06-04-2008, 04:20 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

HI and welcome to the board. Im old, too. at 41, I feel like 100 years old this week. I have R/R MS and have been on Rebif almost 2 years..in my history we traced symtoms back to my early 30s....but Ive been dx just under 2 years now. Interesting enough, my MRIs show over 50 lesions which appear to be quite old on film...its possible Ive been dealing with this much longer than I realized.
Anyway, welcome to our board...we are glad to have you.
Nikki

Old 06-04-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

Hi, Cherie! Nice to see you here

Note: Healthboards are quite strict on posting URLs

Old 06-04-2008, 03:03 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

april1848 HB User

Welcome to the family! I'm 29 and was diagnosed in September 2007 with RRMS. I'm looking forward to learning from you. Don't be a stranger!
Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Old 06-04-2008, 10:11 PM   #8
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi Cherie.
I also wanna say HI. Look forward to reading about you and yr experiences. I'm 39 years YOUNG. Doesn't sound so bad when i look at it like this.

Dx in 2000 with RRMS. I'm on Avonex .
Welcome to the gang.

Old 06-05-2008, 10:08 AM   #9
(female)

Canadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB UserCanadian gal HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSJayhawk View Post
Welcome! I have MS since 1982 and probably since 14 or 15 years old. I am 45 (in August), so 48 is not old! Knowledge is power, learn what you can, share it and pass it on.
Hi MSJayhawk.

Wow, that’s a long time with this disease too, eh . . . how are you doing? Do you take any DMDs, and for how long have you?

Nice to meet you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearygood View Post
Welcome, Cherie! I'm sure your knowledge and experience will be an asset to this board. I already learned something from you about the vertigo medication! I'd never heard of it before Nenu mentioned it and I didn't know it was compounded here in the U.S. I hope I never have to apply the knowledge but I'm glad to know it just the same.
Hi Bearygood, and thank you for the warm welcome.

Apparently that Serc can be fairly expensive to have compounded in the US ($100 a month, or something like that), and not all insurance companies will cover it either. But, for anyone who has had intermittent vertigo, I think it is well worth the investment if it works. I've heard nothing but good about it, and it is what I would try now that I know so many have benefited from it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nenu View Post
Welcome to the family over here!
Thank you Nenu. It’s nice to have a place to come where you feel comfortable and safe expressing yourself. If it feels like “family”, that is a huge bonus!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
HI and welcome to the board. Im old, too. at 41, I feel like 100 years old this week. I have R/R MS and have been on Rebif almost 2 years..in my history we traced symtoms back to my early 30s....but Ive been dx just under 2 years now. Interesting enough, my MRIs show over 50 lesions which appear to be quite old on film...its possible Ive been dealing with this much longer than I realized.
Anyway, welcome to our board...we are glad to have you.
Nikki
Hi Nikki,

I noticed the thread asking how you were doing, and tried to look back to see why you are in so much pain. It sounds like you have several conditions to contend with, and my heart goes out to you about the pain issue. I hope the treatment they are trying works!!

Have you tried physiotherapy? My ex did intense PT, 6 – 8 hrs daily, in order to recover from a herniated disc . . . and it can help considerably. Is there any chance your pain is related to the MS instead, ie. do you have spinal lesions?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snoopy61 View Post
Hi, Cherie! Nice to see you here

Note: Healthboards are quite strict on posting URLs
Hi Snoopy,

Thank you for the warning as they are easier to take from another member then from a moderator! I will do my best to try to quickly understand and abide by the rules.

Quote:
Originally Posted by april1848 View Post
Welcome to the family! I'm 29 and was diagnosed in September 2007 with RRMS. I'm looking forward to learning from you. Don't be a stranger!
Hi April,

29 seems so young . . . but I was only 31 when I had my first clear attack. I went many, many years after that with very few problems, and I hope you are the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glamour girl View Post
Hi Cherie.
I also wanna say HI. Look forward to reading about you and yr experiences. I'm 39 years YOUNG. Doesn't sound so bad when i look at it like this.

Dx in 2000 with RRMS. I'm on Avonex .
Welcome to the gang.
Hi GG,

I guess you were the same age as me when you were dx. How’s the Avonex working for you . . . is it keeping you relatively stable? I'm glad if you’ve found something that works for you, as that is so important with this disease.

Thank you everyone for the welcome, and I look forward to getting to know everyone.

Cherie

Old 06-05-2008, 01:00 PM   #10
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

29 is young, however I was dx'ed at 31, and my neurologist suspects I've had MS since I was 25 based on his findings. Well, he said at least 25..

Old 06-05-2008, 09:59 PM   #11
Senior Veteran
(female)

glamour girl HB User

Hi Cherie,
Avonex so far is doing its job. I've had only two major relapse since my DX, so i cant complain. Compared to others on this board, i consider myself lucky.
hope yor doing ok today. We know each day is different.
We have Queens birthday long weekend here so the kids have 4days off school.
God give me strength haha..

Old 06-06-2008, 09:10 AM   #12
Facilitator
(female)

Moldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB UserMoldova HB User

Welcome to this board!
We definitely happy to have another member who has a lots of knowledge and to share our experience with you too.
I am myself a new member here but I love people here; everybody so warm and welcoming, so supportive.

Have a good day!

Closed Thread