It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2008, 11:23 AM   #1
(female)

Nikki970 HB User
Using provigil & prozac

Is there any reason why I shouldn't take 100mg of provigil & 40mg of Prozac together? The doctor that put me on the Prozac said they should not be taken together but the doctor, my neuro, that put me on the Provigil, for MS related fatigue, said it was no problem. I'm very confused and I don't know what to do. The Prozac has work very well for me, but I could use the added benefits of the Provigil. Any suggestions? Thanks, Nikki

Old 07-13-2008, 01:18 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User
Re: Using provigil & prozac

Welcome! Ugh, conflicting medication opinions huh? Sounds like 2 opinions involved here.. you need more than those in this case to find out what the correct way to go about this is.

Did you try calling a local pharmacy to speak with a pharmacist regarding this? Since they work around medications daily, they may be familiar, and if not many have access to correct records to get the information

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-13-2008, 02:39 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Nikki, dont take MY word for it, but I just searched on my own for possible interractions and didnt come up with any....however, you should really talk to your doctor about it- find out WHY one suggested you dont mix these two meds..there is probabaly a good reason why it was suggested to you, however Im not seeing it.
Nikki

Old 07-13-2008, 03:27 PM   #4
(female)

LATW HB User

I'd call the pharmacy. I sure hope you can take them together. Provigil helps me so much!

LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki970 View Post
Is there any reason why I shouldn't take 100mg of provigil & 40mg of Prozac together? The doctor that put me on the Prozac said they should not be taken together but the doctor, my neuro, that put me on the Provigil, for MS related fatigue, said it was no problem. I'm very confused and I don't know what to do. The Prozac has work very well for me, but I could use the added benefits of the Provigil. Any suggestions? Thanks, Nikki

Closed Thread