It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-14-2008, 03:13 PM   #1
(male)

brclrk80 HB User
Quick Question

I have a quick symptom question and was hoping someone could help. I was diagnosed yesterday after having symptoms for over a month, but this one is new. My right arm, just above my wrist, feels like cold water is being poured on it. The only other symptom with my arm is mild numbness in my hand and fingers. I searched the board but could not find anything similar. Has anyone else experienced this? Thanks!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:25 PM   #2
Senior Veteran
(female)

april1848 HB User
Re: Quick Question

I've had something similar quite a few times. It feels like my legs and feet from the calves down are wet. I don't get a "pouring" feeling; it just feels like they're covered in cold weter. I think my legs and feet are wet but they're not. I haven't had this lately, but I had it a lot in the winter and spring. For me at least it never lasted more than a few hours.

Most of my regular symptoms are sensory like that, including itching, hot/cold, neuro pain, numbness, tingles, electric shocks. I like to think of my nerves as just being out of whack. I hope this symptoms goes away for you soon; it's pretty annoying.
Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-14-2008, 03:33 PM   #3
(male)

brclrk80 HB User

It scared me at first because I had a drink in my hand and thought I had spilt it on my arm, but I went to wipe it off and my arm was dry. Things like this make me wonder whats next

Old 08-14-2008, 04:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

Snoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB UserSnoopy61 HB User

What you experienced is know as an abnormal sensation, quite common in MS. It's also known as a sensory symptom.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:09 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

I get this on my right leg right above my knee. When I was walking one day, I honestly stopped to look for a water mark, lifted my pant leg up, looked, nothing there. It comes and goes in that same spot.

Old 08-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #6
(male)

brclrk80 HB User

I appreciate everyone taking the time to comment. I can handle things like that, not a big deal. What really is bothering me at this point is the constant unbalance I feel, like going straight down in an elevator. I have actually fell twice because of this and I am seeing a neurologist on Monday to discuss it. This along with some cognitive issues which are progressively getting worse worry me about the prognosis. I fear that I may be worse off than originally anticipated.

Old 08-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #7
Senior Veteran
(female)

Nenu HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by brclrk80 View Post
I fear that I may be worse off than originally anticipated.
You need a big hug!

I know how you're feeling though. I'm semi recently diagnosed (March of this year), and today I had a major 'cognitive' situation. I mistook a lady I have known for 7 years for another person! I wondered why she looked at me strangely when I asked her about something, and then realized "Wow, it's not the person I thought it was".

I also saw a man pass me yesterday who I recognized completely, yet I could not for the life of me (and still can't) figure out where I know him from. He definitely looked at me knowingly as he held the door for me, and it's frustrating me terribly that I could not place him.

Sure, these may seem like silly situations, but I generally have a memory for these things, and I feel for me this is completely abnormal, and scary. One thing I thought when I was diagnosed was, "At least I don't have cognitive issues!!". Well, I think I may have overestimated myself a bit.

I also almost fell over my own foot today. Completely off balance. Like walking through a room that's full of water. Was terrible, and I just wanted to get home at that point, and quickly. I feel much better now being home and away from the public situation.

Just be sure to keep an ongoing list of your symptoms and bring these up with your neurologist if you find you're experiencing them for 2 days or more, and you have not made mention of them previously.

Hang in there!! You're definitely not alone

Old 08-14-2008, 06:51 PM   #8
(female)

Tasia9 HB User

Hi
I just wanted to say that I too have experienced the wet or cold feeling that everyone here has been describing to you. Lots of weird things with MS.
I wish you the best..I know it can be scary but that is why you have all of us
take care
tasia

Closed Thread