It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-16-2008, 09:03 PM   #1
(female)

JLRiley HB User
Exacerbation or something else?

Hi,
I've been diagnosed for 1 year with relapsing-remitting and just had my 1 year check up saying all was great. But I awoke on Sunday with a weird pain in my foot - it physically hurts to put any pressure on the outside part of my right foot. One or two steps is fine. But, as the day goes on, it hurts more and more. If I walk on my tip toes or heel, there's no pain. I thought it was a pinched nerve of sorts and let it go a bit. But, as it has gotten worse, I went to the doctor today. He wasn't sure what to think until I said that I have MS. Then, he was pretty sure this was an exacerbation. But, I don't think it is.
My MS started with the tingling in the extremities, which has never completely gone away. But this is real pain. The tech suggested that it might be a stress fracture. I suppose I should also say (in light of stress-inducing exacerbations) that I am closing on my first place tomorrow and we recently found out that a close relative is gravely ill and likely won't make it more than a month or so.
Any thoughts on whether this is an actual exacerbation or something else? Suppose I should also mention that when I walk normal or just move my foot, I feel like there's something crunching or rubbing against something else in my foot.....

Old 09-16-2008, 09:40 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Exacerbation or something else?

If the symptom lasts for 24+ hours it is probable that it is an exacerbation. To be safe, you might get an x-ray of your foot. If you have a fracture, then you can get it treated. If it is a stress fracture, you might want to get a bone density test.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread