It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-10-2008, 11:58 AM   #1
(female)

corey77 HB User
Question Knee Pain????

I have not yet be dx with MS, but am "just outside the box" as my MS doctor would put it. Two lesions, one 3 cm in diameter found on MRI last December, loss of use of my left side for about a month, slurred speech, muscle weakness. Since that episode no new symptoms, I still have some difficulty walking, and my left hand doesn't always do what I want it to do! Over the last 2 weeks I have had some really bad knee pain in my left leg. It usually happens when I sit down, it is a really sharp pain that shoots up my leg. And when I walk it feels like my knee is going to bend backwards, if that makes sense? I wonder if this is something that happens, a new symptom, or just something that happened to my knee. I have the nurses number to call and was told to call if I have any new symptoms that last more than 24 hours, but I don't know if this is a symptom, I never had this with my first attack. I have an appointment with my doctor next Thursday but wonder if I should call the nurse about it.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Old 10-10-2008, 12:06 PM   #2
(female)

Kris44 HB User
Re: Knee Pain????

Corey, I would call my nueroligist on this. If it is MS related the sooner you get treated the less likely you'll have permenant symptoms.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-12-2008, 07:10 AM   #3
(female)

corey77 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris44 View Post
Corey, I would call my nueroligist on this. If it is MS related the sooner you get treated the less likely you'll have permenant symptoms.
Thanks! I will do that

Old 12-02-2008, 05:18 AM   #4
(female)

AllyG HB User

Hi,
I see no one replied to your msg so I thought I'd share a little. I had pretty much the same relapse, it was my 1st one & it took a few months to recover - that was over 5 years ago & thankfully nothing else since.

Since it happened I had a lot of trouble with my knees. I didnt know why or what it was-my doc said its an old Irish dancing injury but I have my doubts. Anyway-he put me on anti inflammatories which did very little but upset my stomach. Then I started to take Glucosamine & Chondriton - it cleared up within a week or two & now when I feel it hurting again, I take it & its gone within a day or two. I know that its probably something completely different but they are both known to be good for joints etc so it could help your knee.

Hope this helps in some way. And best of luck, hope you continue to have a "relapse free" time!

Arlene

Old 12-02-2008, 01:55 PM   #5
Senior Veteran
(female)

april1848 HB User

Hi Corey!

Definitely talk to the doctor. Most likely a round of IV Steroids will eliminate or greatly reduce the knee pain. I have MS and pain in my joints, mostly on my bottom half, and I sympathize. Your post actually brought back a memory. When I was nine I was getting off the school bus, and my left knee (most of my problems are on my left side) just buckled and didn't work at all. It happened a few more times after that. I wonder if it was early MS?

Let us know what your doctor says, and I hope you're feeling better soon!
Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Old 12-03-2008, 08:45 PM   #6
(female)

libybil HB User

corey, i had a similar problem a while ago..my neuro watched my walk with my walker, & she sd i was hyperextending my knee,,,i pay more attention when i walk now, & do more physical therapy...best of luck!

Closed Thread