Apart from an electric fence wire, if you have MS, it is not too different. That is, when an uninsulated electric fence wire brushes/touches your skin **BAM** you are shocked. With MS, there is missing insulation from your nerve. Nerves transmit messages in an electrical form. Surrounding tissue may receive this electrical stimuli and can react with a shock. The amount of shock can depend on the location of the insulation damage or the amount of insulation missing. I am extremely happy that the shock value pales in comparrison to the electric fence we used to run on the dairy farm!!
read up on L'hermittes disease... this sensation feels like an electric shock when you bend the head forward...its very common with MS patients, but can be caused by many other things as well.
YOu can search it on these healthboards and here all sorts of reports on it.
It is painful, but only for a few seconds..it usually comes and goes randomly.