It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2008, 11:07 PM   #1
(male)

kyle1 HB User
Scary chills (Anybody Gets these?)

Hello everyone,

Iposted on thyroid Board as well. Four years ago I started having scary symptoms. Heres a few if i can remember them, Blurry vision stop lights and all other lights had starburst around them bad, memory loss, finger and joint pain, get sweaty hot for no reason and then go away, panic attacks out of no were, depression, loss of interest in everything i loved to do, swallowing problems, dizziness, and the list goes on and on. I went to the hospital got put through a ton of test including an MRI, and Lumbar Puncture. The MRI showed lesions but not specific to MS according to neuro. And negative Lumbar. But the hospital Doctor came into my room after 2 days and said we are 80% sure you have MS and that Ineeded to get to a neuro asap. So I did and that was 4 years ago and my neuro till this day still hasn't confirmed MS. So i pursued Lymes disease because it is the most misdiognosed disease in the country. So i went and spent the money out of network to see a LLMD in Wisc that said he was 100% sure I had Lymes based on my symptoms and that it was chronic. So I got my normal Doc to follow his protocol with a picc line for antibiotics along with 2 orals. Well after 4 weeks of treatment still nothing. Well to get to my chills question. Does anybody get these chills associated with MS I wiil try to describe these the best I can. Example: If you are in bed were its nice and warm and you get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom and all of a sudden a little wind hits your skin and now you have the worst case of the chills were you cant evn talk your muscles tighten up so bad they hurt my wife will have to put blankets in the dryer and wrap them around me tight, if even i move alittle and air hits me it triggers them again. Then you sweat as your freezing and the next day you feel like crap almost like it was a ms epasode. Sorry so long and confusing but I am so lost at this point I will do anything for an answer.

Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-06-2008, 08:07 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Scary chills(Anybody Gets these)

I go through chills in the colder months or when the temperature is about 51 degrees Farenheit and the wind is blowing. I wear insulated gloves. From January to March/April I wore a stocking hat and gloves 24/7 (except in the shower). I get chills and sweats in bed all the time. I can use a sheet in the winter or a blanket in the summer...or Both!

Old 11-18-2008, 06:42 PM   #3
(female)

samsa98 HB User

I get these too. My chills are so "deep" it seems like every muscle in my body has tightened in order to shake. I'm so cold it's actually painful and I shake almost violently. I have not yet been diagnosed but I do know what you are talking about regarding your chills!

Old 11-19-2008, 05:05 PM   #4
Senior Veteran
(female)

april1848 HB User

I can sympathize. I get these even during the summer, and the chills are so bad it's like a seizure. I shake so bad from the "cold" that I have zero muscular control--this usually happens when I go to bed. My husband has tried to lay on me like a straightjacket, put loads of blankets on me, but it takes a really long time for me to recover from them. Any air that touches me feels like a glacier, and I have to be covered up from head to toe.

I always wake up the next morning from these in a freezing sweat, soaked to the skin, and my muscles get reallys sore from all the exercise my muscles get. Thankfully I only get this once or twice a month, and during the day I often feel very hot instead.
Stopped 4/10 due to no insurance.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:35 PM   #5
(female)

Stacy1403 HB User

I know exactly what you are talking about. I've never been able to explain what these chills felt like because this coldness feels so different to me. I only usually get these chills when the weather starts to get cold. It will come on suddenly and it feels like it is coming from the inside out. I start shaking really hard and find it hard to stop and you are so right, the shaking makes my muscles hurt so much. I hate to have to get up from bed and have the cold air hit my skin because it will surly start the episode all over again.

Old 12-04-2008, 09:58 PM   #6
(male)

kyle1 HB User

Thanks everybody that has replyed to my messege. I was told I have MS by a doctor in the hospital when i first went to the er with all my symptoms, but when i went to my neuro the next week they never diognosed me and here i am 4 1/5 later still with no dignoses and only getting worse. I just recently went through a one month treatment for possiable chronic lymes disease and that was hell. I had a picc line placed in my arm and had to administer antibiotics through it, and also take 3 other ones along with it, all along going through the police academy. I know it's MS i just wish i could get a dignoses and get on with my life. I have the lesions on the brain, dizziness, memory loss, foot drop, muscle spasms, depression, loss of interest in everything i use to love to do, and the list goes on. My question is this has anybody who has started treatment for MS do these chills ever get better or not or does anything work for this?

Thanks

Old 12-06-2011, 11:01 AM   #7
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

I am not yet diagnosed ,but was also told by an ER doctor, I have all of the symptoms that you have and then some, these pins and needles all over my body are driving me nuts,when I look into an open field, I can feel my eyes moving back and forth ,I feel unsteady on my feet all of the time like I'am going to fall ,but I catch myelf before I do,people probably think that I am a drunk, one night while eating dinner ,all of a sudden I got cold like I was in the Siberian dessert with no coat, I had to leave the table and jump into bed,my daughter was piling everything she could find on top of me and it did not help one bit ,my teeth were shattering ,my toes felt like ice cubes ,needless to say I got no sleep that night , next morning it went away like nothing ever happened ,2 weeks later it happened again , no temperature or flu symptoms ,now I get it about twice a week ,don't know what to do about it, doctors have been blowing me off for years,I am thinking about a teaching hospital because they won't stop until they get a diagnosis, by the way did you tell your doctor what the ER doctor said ?

Old 12-06-2011, 03:41 PM   #8
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Capatga,
You are responding to a post which is 3 years old. I kind of doubt youll hear from this poster. Why dont you start your own thread and introduce yourself and see if anyone can help you more?
Welcome to the healthboards...
Nikki

Old 12-06-2011, 07:25 PM   #9
(female)

capatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB Usercapatga HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Capatga,
You are responding to a post which is 3 years old. I kind of doubt youll hear from this poster. Why dont you start your own thread and introduce yourself and see if anyone can help you more?
Welcome to the healthboards...
Nikki
Thanks

Closed Thread