It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-26-2008, 06:18 PM   #1
(female)

Lauramom2 HB User
I am suffering from something? Help.

I am not sure what is wrong with me can someone tell me if any of this sounds like MS?

Over the last 15 years I am just getting worse. I am a 40 yr old woman.

This last year my eye sight is much more blurry I cannot see close up as well anymore.

Night vision is horrible within this last year.

My hair is falling out.

I am lost 10 pds in the last 3 months.

I am feel nausious a lot.

Muscles are weak everywhere. Hurts when someone barely touches me...feels like I have bruises.

My muscles shake when I use them...like vacuuming then my arm shakes.

My joints are extreemly painful. Hard to walk up and down stairs.
knees, shoulders crack and crunch.

Feet and ankles and hands, arms and back and my chest are painful and makes crunchy sounds when I take deep breathes.....like my bones ache.

Sometimes my neck starts to shake so my head moves back and forth. It is very sutle but I feel it.

My memory is horrible now.

Sometimes I forget where I am driving when I am in a familiar place.

Sometimes I cannot get a word out of my mouth...I know what I want to say but it won't come out.

Headaches.

Stomach problems.

Shooting pains in my body all over here and there.

The cold makes me 10 x's worse. I am always freezing.

Deep depression

anxiety

foggy dizzy feeling

Fatigued since I was a little girl.

Insomnia since I was a little girl.

think that is all. I feel like I am dieing. I cannot work. I used to clean houses and some construction with my husband. I can barely vacuum my own house now. I feel 80 years old.

Last edited by Lauramom2; 12-26-2008 at 06:33 PM. Reason: to add something

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-26-2008, 10:23 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: I am suffering from something? Help.

You did not mention whether you were seeing a doctor or what type of doctor. While your symptoms may resemble some MS symptoms, there are a myriad of possible causes. You can start with a GP and then get a referral to see a neurologist and or a doctor who deals with fibromyalgia.

You will need to go through many tests- MRIs with and without contrast; blood tests; Evoked Potentials, etc. Please come back here if you need some assistance.

Old 12-26-2008, 11:47 PM   #3
(female)

ineedabreak HB User

You need to go to your doc. Take a notebook with you describing all your symptoms. I had to bc there were many and I didn't want to forget.

It could be something like fibromyalgia. You need to get MRI and various other tests to rule out other things.

Good luck to you and let us know.

Old 12-27-2008, 09:22 AM   #4
(female)

Lauramom2 HB User

I am only seeing my regular family doctor and a mental health doctor. They relate it all with stress but I have only had blood work done. No MRI's, x-rays (arthritic pain?) Nothing. Now I am on anti anxiety and anti depressents. Well, symptoms are still getting worse. I am sure stress makes it worse but I am getting sicker by the day. Yes Thank you, I will ask my doctor and see a neurologist or someone who deals with fibro.
Thank you both for your replies.

So you don't think it sounds like MS?

Old 12-27-2008, 09:46 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

its way too general to even answer if it sounds like MS....MS is a disease of the central nervous system, the brain, eyes and spine. Its not a muscle disease- and the amount of muscle sytmoms you have makes me think- it isnt..
it can affect your eyes, but not in the way you describe. Most people with MS are affected by Optical Neuritis, which is complete blindness in one or both eyes, and also people can be very sun sensitive - but night blindness isnt usualy a symtom.

MS doesnt cause your hair to fall out, or nauseau- it doesnt cause cracking sounds when you walk...these are things that could honestly be a vitamin deficiency- you should be having blood work to rule out that possiblity.

You also should be seeing a good Neurologist and/ or Rhemutologist to rule out Lyme and Lupus.. those both come to mind with the muscle problems you describe.

Good luck, stop stressing, it can make it worse.
and happy new year.
N

Old 12-27-2008, 11:22 AM   #6
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lauramom2 View Post
I am only seeing my regular family doctor and a mental health doctor. They relate it all with stress but I have only had blood work done. No MRI's, x-rays (arthritic pain?) Nothing. Now I am on anti anxiety and anti depressents. Well, symptoms are still getting worse. I am sure stress makes it worse but I am getting sicker by the day. Yes Thank you, I will ask my doctor and see a neurologist or someone who deals with fibro.

You mentioned you were taking meds at this time. You should look those meds up on the internet and study the side effects. Stress and anxiety alone and together can be responsible for a myriad of symptoms. If you cannot control these two variables, you can physically get weaker. My doctor told me in 1982 to avoid stress. If I did not, I would not survive very long.

What you are dealing with is rather like set theory. Your doctor needs to eliminate many different possibilities before arriving at a definitive diagnosis.

Do you receive counseling for your stress and depression? You might try biofeedback or yoga or Tai-chi. Whatever works for you, you should do it. You need to rid yourself of the stress. This stress can be your depression trigger. It is like going to a pity party and never leaving. You get stuck at the party with no way out. But remember, there is always a way out, though it may not be easy.

Once you can control the variables, you might find yourself in good health with no more weird symptoms. Stress and strain on our brains can cause strange symptoms that can vary from person to person. Do you have MS? At this time there is no way to know.

Ask your doctor what tests were run on your blood and what the results were. X-rays can look at joint damage, but a MRI looks at your nervous system. What you will need to do is run a battery of tests. Personally, I think (non-medical opinion) that your stress, anxiety, and depression are a major factor with many of your symptoms.

Please do come back here to let us know the progress you are making. You can get through this.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:29 AM   #7
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:

You mentioned you were taking meds at this time. You should look those meds up on the internet and study the side effects. Stress and anxiety alone and together can be responsible for a myriad of symptoms. If you cannot control these two variables, you can physically get weaker. My doctor told me in 1982 to avoid stress. If I did not, I would not survive very long.

What you are dealing with is rather like set theory. Your doctor needs to eliminate many different possibilities before arriving at a definitive diagnosis.

Do you receive counseling for your stress and depression? You might try biofeedback or yoga or Tai-chi. Whatever works for you, you should do it. You need to rid yourself of the stress. This stress can be your depression trigger. It is like going to a pity party and never leaving. You get stuck at the party with no way out. But remember, there is always a way out, though it may not be easy.

Once you can control the variables, you might find yourself in good health with no more weird symptoms. Stress and strain on our brains can cause strange symptoms that can vary from person to person. Do you have MS? At this time there is no way to know.

Ask your doctor what tests were run on your blood and what the results were. X-rays can look at joint damage, but a MRI looks at your nervous system. What you will need to do is run a battery of tests. Personally, I think (non-medical opinion) that your stress, anxiety, and depression are a major factor with many of your symptoms.

Please do come back here to let us know the progress you are making. You can get through this.

Old 12-27-2008, 11:35 AM   #8
Facilitator
(male)

Quote:

Old 01-02-2009, 06:24 PM   #9
(male)

bwill HB User

hi, i am new to this site, but i have m.s. since sept 1995. the hard thing to get dr's to understand is your not feeling this way for nothing. i used to be an m.r.i technologist, that helped a lot. you need a mri of your brain, and spinal cord with and without contrast. you really need the contrast because it shows any active lesions. i hope this is a help.

-b-

Old 03-20-2010, 03:43 PM   #10
(female)

Alice41 HB User

I have a hard time believing this is all psychological. It sounds as if you have some sort of autoimmune disease, and I think you should ask for a referral to a rheumatologist, or if your GP won't refer you then at least insist he do an antinuclear antibodies test (ANA), and and erythrocyte sedimentation rate (ESR). Then if either of those are positive, he'll be obligated to honor your request for referral.

Closed Thread