It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-05-2009, 04:59 PM   #1
(female)

Kerryann HB User
Circumin..?

Does anybody know how much circumin I should take to treat an MS attack. Also what is better, the pills, or the powder form? Also I was wondering what Peperine is, and what are the benefits of taking it with circumin?

also its my first post here so hi everyone

Old 01-05-2009, 05:44 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Circumin..?

Welcome to the board. I cannot help you with the info you need, but WELCOME!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Kerryann, welcome to our board, we are really glad to have you! Who told you to try curcurrim? I have used it topically, with absolutely no succeesss...but taking it in a pill form, hasnt been reccomended to me...I have taken Tumeric, which is similar, and took 800 mgs a day- it helped some with inflammation, but in the end I gave up. Ive had a numb hand and fingers for 3 years now and now I just live with it...
tell us more about your situation and how you came to be wondering about your question- its not something Ive seen posted about on this board..
happy new year.
Nikki

Old 01-07-2009, 11:17 AM   #4
(female)

Kerryann HB User

Hi Nikki, sorry to hear about your hand , but I'm glad that you deal with it okay! Staying positive is really the key with MS... Anyway, so as far as curcumin and tumeric go, they are one in the same, what I mean is; Curcumin is an ingredient in Tumeric, so you were taking the right thing. It is said to be a really good anti-inflammatory! I learnt about it recently online. One day I was surfin for help with ms and I came across info on the power of curcumin. I just staring taking it because I am having an attack in my left leg. I can walk, but my leg is stiff and weak, I feel like I am dragging it around... So as far as taking the curcumin, it's new to me and I don't know if its working cuz this is my worst attack ever, so I don't know what to expect. I recently had Shingles, and after all the research i've done (books, online..ect..) There is a lot of facts that back up the connection of Herpes (shingles is herpes of the chicken pox family) and MS. So I believe that that is why I'm having this attack. Shingles sets it off. I am scared and wonder if this feeling will ever go away, or even improve a little bit. So question for you: Have you ever had Mononucleosis, (which is also in the herpes family). If so, there's a good chance that that virus was somehow responsible for you getting ms. It seems after a lot of reading that the more herpes virus' that you have in your system, the worse the ms can be. So, my ultimate findings are; Keeping the herpes virus at bay, is going to ultimately keep the ms at bay. Think about what you had going on with your health shortly before you got the attack in your hand, (did you have any illness?). I'm not saying it's limited to being set off by the Herpes virus because really any illness that puts stress on the body can be the driving force, I'm just saying that it seems that Herpes is the biggest catalyst... Sorry for this long message, but try to take supplements if you can such as the tumeric 1400 a day is what I'm doing, and L-Lysine, vitamin c, ginger, evening primrose oil, pro-biotics (the friendly bacteria found in yogurt, you can buy it in pill form), make sure your digestive health is good and get plenty of rest, oh and no wine , are all the things that I'm doing. Peace, Kerry

Old 01-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Hi Kerry, thanks for all the info, and Ill answer your questions. No, I never had Mono or CFS or any of the other viruses which are associated with the onset of MS....nor, have I had any of them in my life..
As for supplements, as you can see, Ive been dealing with this for awhile and have gone thru the guantlet of supplements. I gave up on Tumeric, because Im quite sure it did nothing after trying it for 7 months..I also take fish oil- good quality, B12, Evening Primrose, multi vitamin, a probiotic as wel as extra Acidophilus, L-Lysine, calcium and vitamin D-3. Truthtully, all i know is they are getting too expensive....as for alcohol, I dont drink....as for sleep, not possible. I work 70+ hours a week in a high powered Directors position, have 3 kids who live with me and potentially am facing divorce....stressless days and sleep are the two things I crave! Im scheduling that for April...my next vacation.
I appreciate your info, and your thoguhts..and wish you well with managing your disease..
Hugs
Nikki

Closed Thread