It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2009, 07:21 AM   #1
(female)

Toni110364 HB User
bruised feeling

Hello, I'm back once more, still without a dx but still having questions. Yesterday I woke up feeling like I was horribly bruised in the tailbone area and it got much worse as the day went on. It moved down my legs and up my back into my shoulders and neck. Also my face has been hurting for the past three days, just like a toothache but all over my face. I was just wondering if anyone else ever has this bruised feeling, it is very painful, just like someone has beaten me all over and I am so stiff and sore. This is day two of that feeling and I have already had enough. I am going to call the doctor today, I live in a fairly small town and can usually get an appointment the day that I call so I am going to try my best to get seen today. I just wanted to know if anyone else had expirienced these feelings. Thank for any feedback...Toni

Old 01-20-2009, 12:43 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: bruised feeling

I would first make sure you were getting sufficient hydration. If so, have you tried stretching those muscles which you can? Also, a low calcium and potassium level can cause the bruised feeling. You might also try a cold compress at the area from which the problem radiates. For me, the heating pad has helped when it is used in the area of the origin of the pain.

You should, of course, contact your doctor to be cautious.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-20-2009, 03:27 PM   #3
(female)

Toni110364 HB User

Thanks Jayhawk, I don't think hydration is the problem though since I am continuously thirsty and I drink water and diet drinks constantly. I'll try the cold compresses. I didn't get an appointment for today. I couldn't be seen until the end of the week and I already have an apppt. scheduled in Feb. for my routine bloodwork so I told them nevermind I would just wait. Anyway, since I have not been diagnosed I was just curious if this new symptom I am having could be MS related. So I suppose since you have had this before it is, right? I am just trying to figure all this out and it gets really frustrating at times. I am determined to find out what the cause is though. Thanks for your time and concern. Toni

Old 01-20-2009, 04:05 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

Please keep in mind that soda can dehydrate you. Any caffeine, while you drink it, will act as a diuretic. It is difficult to know whether this is MS related or not without consulting your doctor.

Keep on keeping on while you slog through the limbo of diagnosis.

Closed Thread