It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-15-2009, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

hhopkins7998 HB User
Going to doctor tomorrow just want some insight

I am going to a regular doctor tomorrow because the neurologist i want to see will only take me with a referrel even though my insurance says i dont need one!

First off the main thing i have to complain about are the numbness, twitching, jerkiness, and shaking. Sometimes i will be sitting here at work and my hand my hand will just jerk. My legs and arms do the same thing. I have alot of twitching in my arms, legs, and sometimes in other wierd places. My legs and arms get real tingly sometimes and it drives me nuts because it feels so wierd. its just like when i am holding a glass my hand shakes bad. yesterday while i was on the phone i was shaking the phone just enough to notice. other things that i have noticed are how over the past year i have had extreme fatigue and chronic back pain that just wont go away. I am not stressed and i get plenty of sleep. i did not really notice this until about three or four months ago but i have begun slurring my words a little and sometimes i just for no reason why i am talking end up biting down on my tounge or my cheek. There are other things like my vision seems to get worse and worse, i get dizzy alot, sometimes i just cant even stand up on my legs i feel so weak, i cant remember things that i was just thinking about two seconds ago, i cant remember things that happened two weeks ago!!

My best friends dad is a neurologist specializing in Multiple Sclerosis and although i am not able to see him because he lives in california and i am in texas he thinks there are a couple possibilities and says that i really need to get an MRI done. He said there is a possibility of MS, lupus, neuropathy, a number of things! i just need some advice and want to know what you guys think. Could this be MS or something close to it?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-15-2009, 01:07 PM   #2
(female)

hhopkins7998 HB User
Re: Going to doctor tomorrow just want some insight

oh i am 22

Old 04-15-2009, 02:32 PM   #3
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User

I think you've heard the best advice already - go to a doctor with your list of symptoms, and ask for a complete work-up, with blood tests and MRIs of the brain and spine. There are a ton of "MS - mimics" that can look like MS but are treated differently and successfully.

Please, be careful what you wish for ... once diagnosed, life choices take on a different angle ... insurance policies are important later but perhaps most accessible now ...
~ Mother Teresa

Old 04-15-2009, 08:29 PM   #4
Inactive
(female)

TXChica70 HB User

Definitely bring in a list of questions you want to ask b/c you'll forget once you're there. It's your body, DON'T let your GP convince you it's in your head. If you don't have a warm fuzzy when you leave the office, insist on a referral to a neuro which I would do anyway.

Closed Thread