It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM   #1
(female)

skinamarinkybin HB User
balos concentric sclerosis

My sister has just been diagnosed with balos concentric sclerosis a rare form of MS and I just wondering if there was anyone who is dealing with this that could talk with her about it. The hospital that has been treating her has only ever had 3 cases.

I havent really found anyone post on this topic so if someone could reply back and share what they have been going through I'd really appreciate it. I know my sister would like to talk to someone about this.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: balos concentric sclerosis

Balos concentric sclerosis is rare in the US. Most cases are in China and the Philippines. Cases have also been documented in India and other Asian countries. One researcher said it was the "Asian MS". The concentric descriptive refers to the lesion shapes (if I remember correctly). There are some discussion boards overseas as well as localized support groups.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2009, 01:59 AM   #3
(male)

telgraham HB User

Hi,

my wife was diagnosed with Balo's concentric sclerosis two years ago. We were lucky that the hospital we attended took her symptoms seriously and after CT and MRI scans it was diagnosed as Balo's. She has since developed MS and is now being treated for that. If there is anything that I can do to help you or information that I can share please get in contact.

Old 07-24-2009, 06:29 AM   #4
(female)

tinytiger HB User

hi
i was diagnosed with balo's in 2007 when i was 29 years old. i live in northen ireland and reciently got diagnosed with ms and epilipcy! thanks to a great hospital and wonderfull neurolagist and staff im feeling great and almost normal again.
if your sister wants to chat or just needs a good moan, help is on hand contact the mssociety.org this site really helped me.
doent hesitate to contact myself if you have any questions that i might be able to help.

good luck keep smiling
tt

Closed Thread