It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-12-2009, 03:56 PM   #1
(female)

Albertagirl HB User
Question Another new symptom!

ARGH!! Yet another new thing to inquire about!
I know I may be getting annoying to you all and I really hope none of you think I am being a hypochondriac!

Geez though it seems that everything keeps getting worse and always the same symptoms keep hitting and new ones popping up as well.
Don't know how to deal with it all at times.

Well I was dx with dystonia of my right foot last month. Showed my neuro the funny thing my foot was doing and asked her what kind of spasms those were but surprise, surprise it was in fact the beginning of dystonia! Yay me!

O.K so today I noticed that my ankle on my right side (same foot as dystonia problem) was sore and felt like I had sprained my ankle or something.
The feeling is only on the outside of my ankle though and it burns, aches and feels bruised, I dont know what is going on but I have learned to almost ignore some of these strange feelings as I know there is nothing I can do about it until my next appt.

Well I am now a bit worried because I had to make a run to town this afternoon to grab something and it was only then that I noticed while driving how weird and strange my foot actually felt!
Soon as I started driving and put my foot on the gas pedal my foot and ankle felt really weak and my foot was actually "tremoring" as I put pressure on the gas pedal.
The movement was the same as you would do when tapping your feet to music but I was not doing it intentionally, heck I was only trying to drive to the store!

Now after that episode my foot feels really weak, strange and numbish and it feels heavy from ankle down when I walk.
The outside of my ankle is still really aching and feeling strange....

What in the world is going on now??
Anyone have a clue what on earth it is or what I may have done to cause it?

Ever since the weather changed I seem to be going downhill and a lot of my past symptoms are coming back and new ones with it to boot!!

Help anyone?
Advice? Opinions?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-12-2009, 04:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Another new symptom!

I saw a news program regarding dystonia and the use of deep brain stimulation to relieve it.

If your feet are bothering you, it may be time to consider hand controls for your vehicle.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread