It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-27-2009, 12:53 PM   #1
(female)

lilcee HB User
Help, does this sound like MS?

Lately I've been having these symptoms

pain in my lower back - have had this for several months and been to the chiro lots of times. Doesn't seem to be helping
pain that goes down into my legs - sciatica?
cramps in middle of my back with some nausea - had this a few times in the last week. Comes and goes
feeling like I'm burning up inside but no fever
cold sweats
Then I get a chill and a shiver feeling going over my body

today I've had this: (started last night and lasted all day)

pain in all my joints and bones
tingling all over my body and itching like I have bugs crawling all over me
tight feeling in my chest (I've been checked for heart problems about 3 or 4 times in the past and nothing shows up)
hurts to walk - legs feel like they don't want to work right - feel tight and heavy and hurt
get tired easy
itching and crawly feeling in my head - mostly when I comb my hair
headache and lightheaded feeling

I'm going to the Dr on Wed but would like to know what it could be

Old 07-27-2009, 01:49 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Help, does this sound like MS?

My first guess would be NO, it doesnt sound like MS.

Are you familiar with what MS is? It is a neurological, autoimmune disease, which is found in the central nervous system, which is the eyes, spine and brain. MS is the body attacking the nerves, specifically the protective coating, or Myelin Sheath of the nerves- it usually does not affect the lower back, joints, or cramping- as you described.

Signs of MS are usually eye problems, or tingling/burning of the extremeties, usually the hands and fingers- balance issues, heat sensitivity, uneven gait (walk) and extreme fatigue. You didnt mention any of those symptoms.

MS is only diagnosed after everything else is ruled out. Things like Fibromyalgia, Lymes Disease and other things mimic MS, but again, you dont describe any of the symptoms which are usually present.

Your symptoms do not sound neurological in nature to me...but only a MRI will determine this. They do sound like they could be caused by a pinched nerve, or disc problem in your spine.....a chiro should have been able to determine this.

Wishing you well,,
nikki

Last edited by MSNik; 07-27-2009 at 01:52 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 AM   #3
(female)

lilcee HB User

Hi, thank you for your reply. I guess I was thinking MS because of the tingling in my legs and arms. But I guess that could be anything. I'm going to the Dr tomorrow and hope she will figure it out. It's been going on too long and wearing me down.
Thanks again.
Celia

Old 02-16-2011, 11:47 AM   #4
(female)

jo727 HB User

you might want to get tested for Lupus. Just an idea with all the research I have done with my own problems. At least it would rule another thing out! I know how frusterating this quest for answers can be.

Old 02-16-2011, 06:00 PM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Jo, Just to let you know you responded to a post which is almost 2 years old You probably wont get a response, because I dont believe this poster posts regularly anymore.
You are correct though, Lupus does present much like you described! There are almost 500 diseases which present similarly to MS and Lupus and Lymes and Fibro are probably the closest.
Be well.
nikki

Closed Thread