It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-28-2009, 11:37 AM   #1
(female)

dorma143 HB User
Has anyone heard of this???

Hello everyone, this is my first time on this website and I thought I would ask if anyone has heard of a supplement called 4life, transfer factor?? I have been told about this and that it may help people with ms....I have MS but really i do not trust many things. I am on a current treatment called Tysabri, but I want to know if this transfer factor is something that may help??

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Has anyone heard of this???

Hi. I hadnt heard of it, but have researched it thoroughly tonight. Please dont take this....its a very potent immune system stimulant, and the herbs which are in this, may very well hurt you. Especially being on Tysabri, you dont want to add herbs and supplements to your body, without them being 100% FDA approved (which this isnt) and without knowing what each ingrediant will do to you.

Immune system stimulants contain allot of things which boost the immune system, not a good idea for us MSers who already have compromised immune systems....being on Tysabri, you are already getting a stimulating jolt to your immune system and taking additional stimulants, may very well send you into a huge MS attack.

As we always say "there is a snake oil salesman on every corner" trying to sell you a miracle cure or answer.....the simple fact that this is not FDA approved, is made up of mostly herbs which are grown who knows where and overseen by absolutely no one....this isnt a good choice.

Stick with taking fish oils and Omega 3s found in capsules, liquids and also gotten by eating fatty fishes like sardines and salmon...for brain health...it helps to protect your Myelin and nerves in the brain and spine....take D3 for overall health, add some calcium if you are over the age of 25....and a good multivitamin and youll be fine. There is absolutely no proof that anything else makes any difference to the body...remember, what it doesnt absorb, it excretes thru urine....looking at what is in this formula you mention, I wouldnt want any of that absorbed into my body!!!

hows the tysabri working for you? we dont have that many users who post here....how long have you been on it and do you feel any different?? Curious..

nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-28-2009, 07:36 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Has anyone heard of this???

Welcome to the boards. As with any supplement, some people will use them and feel they help. If you read the latest copy of the MSAA "The Motivator" the neurologist wrote about supplements.

Please note that supplements are not cures. There is no "magic elixir". If you go to their web site, you can read more about their spiel. Personally, I avoid the sales pitch and save my money.

Again, Welcome to the forums!!!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread