It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2009, 07:17 AM   #1
(male)

just1primate HB User
Flank Pain

Has anyone ever experienced right side flank pain, thats a dull achey pain? Sometimes on the left side as well. Could it be MS hug?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-04-2009, 12:38 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Flank Pain

Above the waist- I call that a hug. If the pain is in the gluteus or quad region, I call that nerve pain. Mine has most often been on my left side, though my hugs are usually on both sides.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-20-2009, 06:08 PM   #3
(female)

alo79 HB User

Perhaps you should be sure that the flank pain isn't related to any kidney troubles. Also, you can experience flank pain when you are dehydrated. Just a thought...

Old 10-22-2009, 03:58 AM   #4
(male)

mrknuckle HB User

Hi Primate---------------

I have an old back injury (s1) that is exasperated now due to the MS and my left hip/leg/flank throb and ache more than they used to(pretty much constantly).The "hug" usually hits much higher (navel up)and is much more intense---If I didn't know better I would swear I was having a heart attack as MS is a bear and hugs like one.

Jayhawk,do you find that your hugs are usually preceded by "twitches" in your legs.On bad days my calf muscles will twitch and carry on with a bought of hugs following later in the day---kind of a heads up on what is to come I guess.

much love-------------knuckle

Closed Thread