It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-29-2009, 10:24 AM   #1
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User
MS symptom?

I am starting to have the problem with being in pain in my arms and hips and legs, especially hips and knees everyday. It is beginning to be chronic pain. It keeps me awake at night and very uncomfortable during the day. I seem to be more tired come the afternoon. Also, in the morning my lower back hurts really bad and it is hard to stand up or walk but if I sit down for a little while it gets better but the hurting in the arms, hips and legs, especially hips and knees continues all the time. Does anyone else have chronic pain? Thanks so much for your replies!

Michelle

Last edited by shellymay; 10-29-2009 at 10:27 AM.

Old 10-29-2009, 11:27 AM   #2
(male)

mrknuckle HB User
Re: MS symptom?

Hi shelly-----------

the pain was one of the first symptoms for me.I had an old back injury and had thought I had re injured it-- the MRI of my head was kind of an afterthought as my Dr was convinced it was all in my low back so convinced in fact that I got a new Doc.

But to answer your question,pain seems to be a very real part of our daily lives for some of us.

much love to you shellymay-------------knuckle

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-29-2009, 12:09 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

While chronic pain can be one symptom of MS, it can also be the sign of a multitude of problems. You might look at fibro, too. It is simply too complex to ascertain MS based upon pain. But pain is a good message for us to get checked-out. See your GP and get started tomorrow!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 10-29-2009, 04:49 PM   #4
(female)

Fibrogirl37 HB User

I agree with MSJayhawk. The pain could be from Fibro. I was just diagnosed with that two days ago. I was first diagnosed with MS in 2000. You might want to try and find a Rheumatologist to see if you have Fibro. Good luck.

Old 10-30-2009, 07:33 AM   #5
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

mrknuckle,

Thank you so much for your reply! I hope that you are doing well! Is there any medication that you can take to help with the pain because ibuprofen does not seem to touch it.

Michelle

Old 10-30-2009, 07:36 AM   #6
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

MSJayhawk and Fibrogirl 37,

Thank you so much for your replies. I will definitely get checked out! I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet and have been having these problems for 5 years now. I wish something would give. I don't want the disease but if that's what is wrong I want to know and get put on something to help. Thanks so much again for your replies and I hope that you all are doing well. Fibrogirl37, did they put you on some medication that helps?

Michelle

Old 10-31-2009, 01:55 PM   #7
(female)

Fibrogirl37 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by shellymay View Post
MSJayhawk and Fibrogirl 37,

Thank you so much for your replies. I will definitely get checked out! I haven't been diagnosed with anything yet and have been having these problems for 5 years now. I wish something would give. I don't want the disease but if that's what is wrong I want to know and get put on something to help. Thanks so much again for your replies and I hope that you all are doing well. Fibrogirl37, did they put you on some medication that helps?

Michelle
Hi Shellymay. My dr. prescribed Lyrica for me but I haven't tried it yet because I'm still waiting for my insurance company to approve it.

Old 11-02-2009, 09:40 AM   #8
Veteran
(female)

shellymay HB User

Fibrogirl37

I hope they approve it soon! Let us know when it gets approved and when you start taking it and how it's working for you.

Michelle

Closed Thread