It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #1
(female)

Johooper HB User
Help

I am new to board. Hello all.

Had a MRI today just a rountine followup and they gave me the slide straight away. I < edited > whipped off to my dept and had a look at them on the light box as you do anyway I saw this odd mass type thing that wasnt on my previous one 6 months ago. < edited > What do you think, need to see someone asap or leave it til I see my neuro in a couple of months.

I have RRMS dx in nov 07.

< edited >

Jo

Last edited by hb-mod; 11-18-2009 at 12:17 AM. Reason: Please don't post disallowed websites as per Posting Policy. Thanks.

Old 11-18-2009, 04:57 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Help

First of all, I think its a terrible idea to look at your films, unless you are a radiologist or Neurologist...
Secondly, your Neuro will be getting a report. If there is anything really wrong, they will call you and tell you to come in. Thirdly, why so long a wait? Usually my Neuro schedules a follow up for me within a few days of having the MRI done, it only takes 10-20 hours to get the report from the radiologist..is there a reason your follow up is months away? Im not sure where you live, maybe that has something to do with it.?

Mostly, stop stressing. You arent a doctor (are you?) and therefore, what you are seeing is probably normal.....under most circumstances, if there is a large mass or anything seriously unusual, the tech performing the test would have called the doctor in to see it before you even got off the table. Youre probably seeing a shadow, or something which is supposed to be there.
Dont play doctor- its dangerous. It will only scare you and now you have to live with this fear for months? Call your doctor and make the appt sooner, so that youll have peace of mind.
Remember, stress is the guaranteed way to excaberate MS...and its the one thing you CAN control!
Stay well.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-18-2009, 06:09 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

If there is something which requires immediate attention, you would either not have been allowed to leave or you will have been contacted within a matter of hours/days.

I have looked at my own pics before, but they never mean anything to me unless my neuro is interpreting them for me. At my stage of MS, lesions are expected and they are but a "ho-hum" moment for me. Now, if I suddenly have a nice pic which indicates no lesions, then I might get excited!

As you have been diagnosed for 2 years, lesions will be "normal" for you.

Anxiety brought on by worry, stress, emotions is never good and can cause harm to your fragile system. Relax, find a way for some self-pampering, and let your neuro do all your worrying for you!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 11-18-2009, 11:14 AM   #4
(female)

Johooper HB User

Whoops sorry about that. Crap I got a warning on my first post, I am a good girl honest.

I know I am silly for looking. I have thought about it and I came to the same conclusion as you, if there was anything to worry about they would let me know asap.

MSNIK this was a routine MRI we booked from my visit a few weeks ago so as we could see that the copaxone was doing its job (it has now been 6 months since switching meds), so thats why my follow up is later, we were expecting a normal MRI (well no progression).

I work at the hospital alongside neurology (ironic eh) so I might ask them to have a quick look for me. The report should be out in a day or 2. I firstly felt panic but now I feel nothing about it really so I am telling myself that that means there is nothing wrong otherwise my body would be telling my otherwise. Maybe be stupid reasoning but at least I am not worrying myself silly.

Thanks for replies and sorry about the blog address wont do it again. Is there anywhere to post photos.

Jo

Last edited by Johooper; 11-18-2009 at 11:17 AM.

Closed Thread