It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2009, 01:53 PM   #1
(female)

rosie28 HB User
Angry Missed doses of copaxone as no prescription has been recieved.

Hi All,

I have been without any injections now for 5 days, the delivery company say this is because they have not received any prescription, they requested the prescription on the 28th October 2009 it is now 30th November 2009.
I have made numerous telephone calls to a variety of people with no avail, i get fobbed off with them telling me they will call back and never do. They say stress has a big impact on MS so why is it we are the ones that have to chase everything up giving us even more stress.
These companies know what is wrong with us and why we need the injection so why is it we have to wait for our MS nurse to write a prescription then get it signed by the consultant then get it sent to the delivery company, for goodness sake this is 2009, there must be an easier way so people do not miss doses.

Can anyone tell me if they have had the same problem if so how long did you go without.
Also what is a safe and maximum number of doses to miss.

Many thanks
Sharon

Old 11-30-2009, 03:49 PM   #2
(female)

Pens'nChalk HB User
Re: Missed doses of copaxone as no prescription has been recieved.

Shared Solutions has consistently called my neurologist to renew the prescription before it expires ... Have you called them? Their number is on their website, and I believe they are contracted with Teva to do this for you.

I have never missed more than one shot, and even then not for a full 24 hours ... just took it the following day. No adverse effect ...

I would wonder if missing it for a long period of time (months? years?) might bring you back to the symptoms of a new user ... but I have never read of that happening to anyone.

Call Shared Solutions. I'm assuming you still have a neurologist who will renew your prescription ... if you don't, SS will probably be able to help you find one.
~ Mother Teresa

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread