It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-10-2009, 10:49 AM   #1
(female)

ocean10 HB User
Update...

Dr called and said all tests came back fine, but the MRI of my head showed 2 spots. He now wants me to get another MRI with contrast. What will he really tell about these 2 spots if I get it done? I really dont like MRI's because I get panicky in that thing. He said it dosent mean you have MS, just wants to be thorough I guess. He also said something about the lumbar puncture which I wont do.

My legs today feel like they have the flu. And my head still feels funny..

Can anyone answer about the mri? Thx!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 11:29 AM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: Update...

The MRI for MS exploration generally uses both contrast and w/o contrast. The contrast can help identify lesions which might be active and lesions that might have been missed. Even though you have lesions, this does not mean MS. Lesions may result from viral infections, BUT it should point towards a neurological reason for what is "happening".

You said you feel like you have the flu, you might, it is the flu season. Some self-pampering and you should be fine. As for trepidations about the MRI, they do have sedation available if you would be more comfortable.

You are making progress, whether you know it or not, stay positive!!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-10-2009, 12:00 PM   #3
(female)

ocean10 HB User

I dont have the flu. Its just my legs feel like they do. Weird, I know. They feel kind of sore and achy. He said they are 2 spots, not lesions. I would believe the spots are from an infection of some kind, but I dont think its ms.

Thank you for responding!

Last edited by ocean10; 12-10-2009 at 12:02 PM.

Old 12-10-2009, 12:09 PM   #4
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

You might try a good dose of stretching. When my legs feel like you describe, I stretch and use my passive exercycle. I certainly hope your situation is not MS; I hope it is something easily remedied!!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread