It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-24-2009, 11:29 PM   #1
(female)

ThunderOne13 HB User
Unhappy Just another lonely holiday

Ever since I was diagnosed with MS,
lost my job,
kids grew and moved away...

there just aren't anymore holidays...

It makes me so sad as I've spent most of my life that way (not having holidays or any family), having lived in foster homes and the like...

how could this end up like this now? - this is like my 5th Xmas alone...
Appreciate your blessings of family and friends and a Merry Xmas to all!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-25-2009 at 05:00 PM. Reason: please do not post poems, as per the posting policy

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2009, 08:54 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Just another lonely holiday

Youre poem is terribly sad and it depresses me to read that anyone is feeling like you describe. Im sorry.

Holiday time can be really difficult for some people- however, its just another day. If this is the 5th time you have felt like this, then you arent doing anything to change the situation. I dont want to judge you. Im sure that there are reasons why you arent seeing your children today, or that you are lonely...but I too- spent some time feeling like this, and I took control of it and promised never to feel like this again.

I joined a club, and made new friends. I took a job where I see much worse situations then I actually encouter, giving me strength and attitude that things can always be worse. I started volunteering at a shelter on holidays and made myself useful. I started forming meaningful friendships with people who actually would never dream of me being alone...and thru all this, I met my husband and have spent the last 5 years loving and being loved.

If you truly are depressed, please seek some help and find a way to overcome it. It can be done. And, please do not feel that you are being judged- especially at this time of year, its a constant reminder to give and try to help others who are less fortunate. But solutions are easily mentioned and much harder to actually do- so in the end, it is up to you to do something about it, or allow it to remain the same....

My heart goes out to you and I hope you find some joy and peace this holiday.

Nikki

Last edited by MSNik; 12-25-2009 at 08:55 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-25-2009, 08:58 AM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

A Merry Christmas to you.

You might have family living far away, but you are not alone. There are many avenues for you to look into for your life. Would your kids feel comfortable if you moved closer to them? Are you disabled to the point of needing to apply for disability (the income is not great, but you can live without a lot of stress).

You might also want to look at volunteer opportunities. If you are physically able, there are many organizations always in need of someone to willingly help them. There are many lonely people who need help.

I truly hope that your day goes well and that you can claim some blessings that God has provided.

As for the MS Family, you are never alone!!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 12-25-2009, 10:12 AM   #4
(female)

ThunderOne13 HB User
Smile Its a better day....

woke up feeling pretty good today and not designating any "name" for the day other than it's Friday...

I can spend the day and maybe the weekend too, watching movies and playing games...

What could be better?

Im glad that I am not SAD! I am happy in my nice, cozy, warm, pleasantly quiet, peaceful enviorment, that's not so bad... in fact, I am Glad!

Happy Holidays!

Last edited by moderator2; 12-25-2009 at 05:01 PM. Reason: please do not post websites except as described in the Posting Policy

Old 12-25-2009, 11:02 AM   #5
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Happy Holidays to you too, Thunderone13.

Im sorry if I misinterpreted your poem as that you were sad.

Its good to hear that you are peaceful and okay with the day. And, your right. Its only Friday....!

Happy New Year to you and be healthy...
Nikki

Old 12-25-2009, 11:34 AM   #6
(female)

JackiesLost HB User

Hello
I am so saddened by your post, I wish you the brightest happiest day possible. I know, I know, those are just words, but they come straight from my heart. This is such a hard holiday for people alone, I just wish at times I could wave a magic wand and change all the sadness to gladness for everyone.

You will be in my thoughts today. From my home and heart to yours , we all wish you a very very merry and peaceful Christmas.

JackiesLost

Closed Thread