It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #1
(female)

Maggieluv HB User
Can This crazy dizziness, fatigue, and feeling of "heavy head" be my MS?

Hello,

I am new to this site. Actually it's the first forum I have joined since being diagnosed with MS in October of 2008. I am still trying to get used to all of the surprises it throws at me. My most recent has been very difficult to figure out if MS is even the problem since all my symptoms are similar to the symptoms of many other conditions.

For about a month I have been extremely dizzy almost faintish like I am going to pass out. My head feels as if there is pressure, like a brick in it or something. When the dizziness gets worse I get really really really tired, no matter how much sleep I have had, which is a whole lot, I'm a sleeper. Still soooo tired all the time. It makes my vision blurry but not as bad as when I was first diagnosed. I just feel weird. I've been on copaxone for about a year and have been feeling great up until this point. I did have some anxiety and panic attacks months ago but both have subsided. When this all happens I'm pretty much calm just frustrated cause feeling dizzy and neusea is not the best feelings.

I guess I'm just curious if this is normal for MS patients. That would be helpful just to know and maybe I can save some bucks not getting unnecessary test or seeing unnecessary doctors. Just trying to get more fimilar with this expereince can ease my mind a little.,

Thanks to all who respond and God bless you ,

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-06-2010, 04:31 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Can This crazy dizziness, fatigue, and feeling of "heavy head" be my MS?

Hi Maggie. Welcome to our board of love and support! Im really glad that you found us!!!
I cant believe youve gone this long without having some support...at least, I hope you had SOME support from somwhere! But I think youll like that on this board there are so many people that will chime in and answer your questions- and help you with whatever you are dealing with...and because its all anonymous and we are all over the world, youl hear all sorts of things which hopefully, will help.

Your question, isnt really that unusual. With MS, when your body is sending you a signal that something isnt right, what you described sometimes happens. HOWEVER there is another thought which you might want to explore...you can also experience this from low blood pressure or even low sugars. So, have you had blood work in the past year since starting Copaxone...and have you had your BP checked lately? You might want to get that done..and talk to your doctor about ordering some labs - including a sugar fast (dont eat for 10 hours prior) while your at it, have him test your cholesterol ...if youre going to fast, might as well get it all done. You can also have your Vitamin levels checked...especially for B and D. Deficeincies in these vitmains can cause you to feel extremely fatigued. By calling your doctor and asking him to order these labs, you can avoid a visit to him, by simply picking up a script to take to your local lab...and while you are there, ask THEM to send you a copy of the results....your doctors office will call if something isnt normal; however you should have copies of these lab results too, and if you ask, they normally will copy you on them.

Hows your diet and are you taking any herbal suplements? Reason I ask, is most herbs do not mix with Copaxone...vitamins and supplements usually are okay, but check with your doctor about what you are taking..or if you need to be taking something.

Hope this helps alittle...and welcome to our board.
Nikki

Old 01-08-2010, 05:41 PM   #3
(female)

Maggieluv HB User

Sorry, that cut me off. Anyway, I just got my period 3 weeks ago but am still afraid that I may be pregnant. I have my MRI comming up and it worries me. I really want to know what's going on but I'm scared that if I am prego it will do some harm to my baby.

Thanks for responding, It really helps to talk with someone who can understand a bit more. God bless

Old 01-09-2010, 05:36 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Maggie, a MRi wont hurt a fetus....its only a magnet; however you should be talking to your GYn/ OB to get better feedback on that. They do MRIs on pregnant women all the time , however they do use different settings....more importantly, youre on Copaxone. That, you CANNOT get pregnant on. SO, you need to be seeing a gyn and getting a definative answer on whether or not you are pregnant immediately!! Youve got bigger problems getting pregnant while on Copaxone...

Not sure what else we can talk about right now, you didnt really ask us any questions- but I wanted you to know your post isnt ignored and we are here for you. Please let us know if you find out your pregnant, or WHAT you find out.

Nikki

Closed Thread