It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-07-2010, 01:06 PM   #1
(female)

suebee58 HB User
honeybees and MS

For those of you who are considering apitherapy and MS I can only say it helped me a lot. I was having difficulty walking with a cane 6 years ago and learned about apitherapy from various posting on my computer.
I am 51, have had chronic progressive M.S. as diagnosed by my neurologist, M.R.I. etc. I'm an R.N. and decided to try it. I got the bees from a local beekeeper, had my epinephrine pen in hand, and my manual from Pat Wegner detailing how, where and when to administer the bee stings. It took me 6 weeks of stinging 3X/wk. My husband applied about 10 bees that stung me each session. It hurt like the dickens, but I was able to walk without my cane afterwards. I take no medications for anything and I am greatful that this was able to help me. Good luck if you try this, Suebee58

Old 01-07-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: honeybees and MS

Interesting that it helped you. I have known several homeopathic docs who do this in their offices....not one of them can convince me to try it. I do know of several patients who had 'some success' with arthritis type pain- but havent known anyone with MS who has had any success at all.

Thanks for letting us know that it worked for you.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #3
(female)

suebee58 HB User

My question is were you told you would be given homeopathic Apis (honeybee) or that you would actually be stung by honeybees?
I actually got stung. To decrease the pain which only lasted seconds,
I took two advil first, then iced the area to be stung for a minute or so. After the sting I applied a warm washcloth to help with the distribution of the venom. Pat Wagners manual is the best that it actually shows you where to sting. She has a website which you should check out. I did not take as many stings as she recommended, but this process worked for me.

The honeybee stinging does not work for everyone. The people I know who did not have success were taking multiple allopathic medications. If you are on medications, you need to speak with a homeopathic physician who could advise you which medicines you should or should not not take while you are doing the bee stings. For example, if you are an insulin dependent diabetic you should keep taking your insulin. If you are taking one of the ABC drugs for your MS, you may be advised to hold off on them during your treatment with bee stings. If you have other questions. I would be happy to try and answer them. Suebee

Old 01-10-2010, 07:53 AM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

I was told same as you....that I would actually be stung. And, I am also aware of the protocol....I just havent heard of anyone who had actually had success.
Congrats to you for being the one to say it worked. Personally, Im very happy on my Rebif, and wont be changing to any alternative methods, but I have been curious to hear more about this- and my step father who has Parkinsons, was recently told to look into it as well; however his Neuro has pretty much forbidden him to stop taking his current meds (stage 4), so he wont be exploring it any further either.
But thanks...your information is interesting and appreciated.
Nikki

Closed Thread