It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-09-2010, 08:09 AM   #1
(female)

sarahb71 HB User
ms

hi all, i to think i have got ms, i am in so much pain, i get pain in my hips, knees, elbows, i get severe headaches, i also find it hard to swallow sometimes, i loose my voice from time to time, i get a very odd feeling in my face, it starts to go numb, then pins and needley, then a severe burning, sometimes when this happens it feels like my eye is on fire and the pain is tramendos, i get bad stabbing pains in my head all over, the bottom of my foot burns, i only get this all on the left side of my body, i was admitted into hospital last week i had a mri scan and the doctor said that was all clear, i have also had a ct scan which came back clear, its driving me mad not knowing what is wrong with me.

Old 01-09-2010, 09:03 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: ms

Hi Sarahb. Sorry you arent feeling well. Its scary when you know something is wrong, but you dont know what it is....

Im pretty sure you dont have MS. The symtoms you describe arent exactly neurological.....pains in your hips, knees and elbows is definately not a MS symtom. The fact that you had a clear MRI, also doesnt point towards MS.

What you might have is fibromyalgia, which is a nerve pain disease.....has anyone mentioned that to you? You might also have some arthritis going on, which could be rheumatoid, also auto-immune, and can be quite painful.

With MS, there are a whole host of symtoms, none of which you described, all of which would have been picked up on with a MRi, so I think you should rule this one out.

However, dont give up! Keep talking to doctors until you find an answer...I hope you feel better soon.
Nikki

Last edited by MSNik; 01-09-2010 at 09:04 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-09-2010, 12:04 PM   #3
(female)

sarahb71 HB User

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSNik View Post
Hi Sarahb. Sorry you arent feeling well. Its scary when you know something is wrong, but you dont know what it is....

Im pretty sure you dont have MS. The symtoms you describe arent exactly neurological.....pains in your hips, knees and elbows is definately not a MS symtom. The fact that you had a clear MRI, also doesnt point towards MS.

What you might have is fibromyalgia, which is a nerve pain disease.....has anyone mentioned that to you? You might also have some arthritis going on, which could be rheumatoid, also auto-immune, and can be quite painful.

With MS, there are a whole host of symtoms, none of which you described, all of which would have been picked up on with a MRi, so I think you should rule this one out.

However, dont give up! Keep talking to doctors until you find an answer...I hope you feel better soon.
Nikki
hi nikki thanku for answering my question, i have had fybromialgia mentioned to be, would it be possible for you to try and explain to me what fybromialgia is and does it get worse, i have been worried for months, and whats the best medication or any medication you think is the best to take, i am actually at the moment taking doluxetine, would you recommend anything else, thankyou again for your reply,

Old 01-09-2010, 01:10 PM   #4
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User

Sarah. Sorry. I do not have Fibromyalgia, so I cant offer any advice on what to take or any information on it. All I know is that its a painful condition, caused by inflammation of the nerves...
We do have a Fibro board here on Healthboards. Im quite certain that someone there can talk to you about their experiences and what they have learned about treating the condition.

As far as whether or not it gets worse; I know someone who has had it for years, she tells me that certain triggers make it act up; and that she has good days and bad days- much like MS, this is where the similarities end. I dont think Fibro is progressive, the way MS is...but again, youd be better off talking to people on that board who deal with the condition regularly.

Best to you...
Nikki

Old 01-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #5
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I would think, too, that you appear to have fibro. You might make inquiries on the Fibro forum as well. My sister has fibro and your description sounds like hers.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Closed Thread