It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 04:27 PM   #1
(male)

sodapopper HB Usersodapopper HB Usersodapopper HB User
anyone take tumeric?

Hi- I've been reading about the benefits of taking tumeric on line and was talking to the clerk in the vitamin store about it too. Anyone out there take it? And if you did, how did you decide on a dosage? DId you notice any difference in how you feel? Wow- when you read the many benefits of it and makes me think that everyone should be on it. Thanks for your help.

Old 01-14-2010, 05:07 PM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: anyone take tumeric?

Hi my vitamin shoppe had me on Tumeric for about 2 years. I took 400 mgs a day....truthfully, the reading I have done suggests that cooking with it, is more helpful then taking the capsules....Tumeric is known for its anti-inflammatory properties. But, I have to be honest. I stopped taking it when I stopped most supplements, prior to surgery a year ago- and honestly, didnt notice a bit of differnce. It didnt help me when i was on it, and it didnt change anything after 2 years of cold turkey stopping it.

However, I do use it in cooking- when I remember.
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-14-2010, 09:36 PM   #3
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User

I use it in seasoning foods. I think it helps the food taste better! But that is all I think about it I do not see it as a panacea
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 01-15-2010, 07:54 PM   #4
(male)

AntibioticMSer HB User

My wife has been taking 2+gm daily for a while now. It's a good anti-inflam, antioxidant and an nf-kb inhibitor. That said, we are replacing it in her regimen. It is also a 5-LOX inhibitor which potentially conflicts with the high dose D3 she is now taking. We are likely to replace it with ALA. If you really want to give it a go, do a serious review of the absorption issues that relate to turmeric, or actually what you really want is curcumin. Ken

Closed Thread