It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-14-2010, 07:58 PM   #1
(male)

R Joon HB User
Shoulder area pain

My dad has been in pain for about 7 monthes in his right shoulder area where he cant at first lift his arm up without pain to about 90* but lately it has gotton worse and from his arm lifted in a 90 degrees he cant move it horizontaly (as if stretching out arms). He has gone to the accupuncture a couple of times but he said it didnt help. Even though im sure resting it for a couple of weeks would help, but he said he couldnt because he's the one supporting our household so i was wonder if theres anything to fix his shoulder pain before it gets any worse. (and before he had asked some people about his pains but everyone said it would go away after a couple of years which is hard to believe.)

Sorry i had to put this in simple words because im still in middle school.

Thank you for any help.

Old 01-15-2010, 04:50 AM   #2
Facilitator
(female)

MSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB UserMSNik HB User
Re: Shoulder area pain

Does your dad have Multiple Sclerosis? shoulder pains isnt consistent with the disease....I think it might be time for them to examine him and possibly do a few tests. It might be arthritis, or it might be a pinched nerve- but without knowing for sure, there isnt anything to suggest.
I hope there is someone else you can talk to who is an adult in your household or in your family? You shouldnt be having to deal with this! Youre too young for this responsiblility! I hope he feels better soon. Try not to worry, shoulder pain ususally isnt a real significant problem....
Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 08:42 AM   #3
(female)

Avenue Q HB User

R Joon, Your Dad, or another family member should be looking into a physican for care. Depending what your dad does for a living he may have injuried his rotator cuff, or caused imprigement if lifting was required. By all means have a adult look into this problem. RJ you sound like a very loving son, and your dad should be very proud how much you care about him. Nikki, right this is not MS related.

Av....

Old 01-18-2010, 07:33 PM   #4
(male)

R Joon HB User

Another thing ive noticed is that when he lies flat down on the flow with his arm spread out one shoulder is higher than the other from the ground. And he owns a drycleaner and he does the steam thingy when we puts the chemicals on the clothes and uses steam to get rid of stains so im not really sure how it happened

Old 01-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #5
(female)

Avenue Q HB User

RJ, your dad's injury doesn't sound work related. But I think he should see an Orthropedic doctor, for an x-ray. One shoulder appearing higher on one side doesn't sound like a rotator cuff problem...but I wouldn't really know.

Good luck

Closed Thread