It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-15-2010, 08:35 PM   #1
(female)

jw0565 HB User
so frustrated

Hello! I'm new here and apologize in advance as I'm sure you get the "do I have it" post quite often. I just don't know what is WRONG with me! Here are my symptoms:
extreme fatigue(which is the most annoying)
weird tingling sensation in my head and feet(like it is asleep)
no vision problems that I can notice
constipation
bladder urgency
depression
for about a year I had horrible neck and headache pain on my right side
which has subsided for now
joint pain and stiffness
swallowing problems (this has been going on for a long time)
extreme sensitivity to heat
iron and B12 deficient
random jerking of the extremities (ususally at rest)

That is all I can think of right now. At present, the fatigue and weird head sensation is the worst. When my head tingles it also feels like I need to scratch it. Anyway, do you think this is worth getting checked out?

Old 01-15-2010, 09:29 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: so frustrated

Since it would appear that your problems have prompted you to post here, I would say that in your heart you know something is amiss. Is it MS? This is almost always a question which can yield a protracted diagnosis complicated with a plethora of stress and loss of patience.

BTW, welcome.

If the symptoms raise concern, by all means, see a doctor. If you are thinking MS, I would want to make sure you start with a neurologist who specializes in MS.
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-16-2010, 11:02 PM   #3
(female)

lhmazeika HB User
Re: so frustrated

I suggest that you have an MRI done FIRST!!
I was diagnosed two years ago with Multiple Sclerosis after a frustrating 2-3 year battle with symptoms and misdiagnosis. I was constantly getting headaches and some times they would last a week long and subside for a day then come back full blown!! I also suffered from pain behind my eyes and sharp pain accompanied by dizzy spells that would almost take me down.
I had problems with my tongue spazing while I spoke and making me sound strange. I had muscle spasms all over my body.
I think you should request an MRI....MRI's can detect lesions which is one of the ways a doctor knows to test for Multiple Sclerosis.
I had my first MRI in 2006....I had 1 lesion which they put off to a head injury that I got as a baby falling down a flight of stairs in my walker ( OUCH )
But after waiting a FULL year and having my second MRI....which turned up 5 lesions...they now knew to send me for a spinal tap ( Sounds sooooo scarey !! )
I worked myself up so bad that I got sick!! Then...he numbed me..( A little sharp ***** and some pressure and dull ache....then wait...wait...wait...then the BIG NEEDLE.....Didnt feel a THING!!!! Over with in no time !!!
I waited on the table for 15 minutes as he asked me to...carefully stood up afterwards and was FINE!!!
But ya know...by that point my MS had progressed so much and I had read up on it so much that when he finally called me to tell me I had MS....I was relieved!!!
I FINALLY had a diagnosis!!!!
If you ever want to talk...or anyone ever wants to talk or ask me what my experiances have been like....PLEASE email me!!!
Take care,

Last edited by hb-mod; 01-17-2010 at 01:44 AM. Reason: Removed Quote. Please use "Quick" Reply rather than "Quote" Reply. Thanks!

Closed Thread