It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-04-2003, 06:32 PM   #1

momyonthego HB User
Question Do your symptoms get worse at night?

Just wondering if any of you experience the same thing.

The "pins and needles" feeling I have in my arms and legs get worse, and my hands actually feel completely numb when I am asleep. (I discovered this while waking up in the middle of the night).

Anyone else?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-04-2003, 11:34 PM   #2

johneve HB User
The pins & needles come and go throughout the day. The only thing I experience at night is the twitching in my legs. This is usually only below the knee on either leg. It's not always the weaker/heavier feeling leg.
I wake up a few times every night too. The doc gave me lexapro to help this. I haven't seen much of an improvement yet.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-05-2003, 12:18 AM   #3

catstrack HB User
From my own experience, I've not noticed (when I have them) the pins and needles geting worse at night. Have you been evaluated for a pinched nerve or spinal problems?

Take care and God bless, Sherry

Old 09-05-2003, 10:17 AM   #4

Mom_of_two HB User
Exclamation

The pins and needles sensation sometimes gets worse at night. But I tell you what I really get at night, the all-over body twitching! It's annoying as heck, too. When I'm trying to fall asleep (which is hard enough in itself), different parts of my body twitch!

I have sleeping problems, too. I have a hard time falling and staying asleep. My neuro told me it is totally unrelated to MS, but I'm not so sure. There is still so much they don't know about this disease.

Reply Reply