It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Multiple Sclerosis Message Board
Post New Thread   Closed Thread
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-31-2010, 01:19 PM   #1
(female)

ksejr HB User
new here

hello im new here. heres my story:

i started off feeling bad in Feb. 2006, tired, weak, couldnt get out of bed. not having insurance @ the time i went to a clinic for people who cant afford it. nothing showed up in my blood test. i was told to take yoga or meditate. 1yr later i went back for a check up and had my blood tested again cuz i was still not feeling great. it finally showed up that i have hypothyroidism. so i have been on synthroid ever since. 1 syptom that did not go away was that my chest would bother me & i will feel a slight numbing sensation from my elbow to pinky finger not the whole arm. i would also feel achy and dull directly behind my chest on my back. dr. gave me a ekg and my heart is fine. she never bothered with any other tests cuz she doesnt know whats wrong with me. phooey. so i finally got insurance in Nov.2009. i had 1 appt. so far. dr. cant figure it out either. she also thinks it is not my heart. i have another appt. this friday, feb.5th! cuz she wants to talk more about my symptoms. well i got 2 letters from dr.s office yesterday. 1 letter said DEAR VICKI WEVE BEEN TRYING TO GET IN TOUCH WWITH YOU. PLEASE CONTACT US. and the other letter said DEAR MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS VICKIE YOU ARE OVER DUE FOR A PAP ok. so that makes me a bit nervous. i dont know what MS is. its also funny cuz before i went online today both my hands started feeling numb. then i looked up MS and it says thats a symptom. i am calling dr. office tomorrow to find out what is up. also if anyone can help me figure out more on what MS is that would be helpful. thanks so much

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-31-2010, 06:03 PM   #2
Facilitator
(male)

MSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB UserMSJayhawk HB User
Re: new here

Welcome to the MS boards. The two letters you got sounded weird, to me, I hope this is not indicative of your care!

MS is livable and is not a life-ender. I would encourage you to make yourself knowledgeable of all things MS. That way you can take the proactive position to assure that you get the best care that you need for you.

You might need a few lifestyle changes to keep your health on track and prevent any "derailments".

Please do come here as often as you feel a need to ask questions and to garner daily support. Each of us is different and your MS might affect you differently, but we are all in the same boat together. It is important to abstain from pity-parties and to know that your walk is not a lonely walk. There are those of us who have blazed trails ahead of you; there are those who are walking right next to you; and there are those who will look ahead and see that you are blazing a trail for them. Wherever you turn, you are not alone!
Eternally blessed and eternally optimistic!<><

Old 02-01-2010, 12:09 PM   #3
(female)

ksejr HB User
Re: new here

thank you.
it turned out to be a stupid mistake on their part. BUT, i will talk to my dr. anyways on friday about this and to see if i can get tested for it just to be sure. I already have thyroid disease and read that i can also get other autoimmune diseases. so

Closed Thread